Single Handed Whippets?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My mates whippet catches rabbits all on her own, rats aren't an issue either.

I think you are confused.   I don't think any one here was claiming to have found the new foxing breed.   The question was, can a whippet kill a fox single handed. The answer was, yes, some can. M

Ive had them for over 10 years and only had two that would do them regulary.. there not fox dogs and wern't bred for foxes but there is a few dogs that will do them. When i owned jake ( lord of the

Posted Images

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/270320-greyhound-or-large-whippet/page-2

Post #22 and #23

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/140847-working-whippets/

and Post #5

Which i guess makes col_88, both fencehopper and a liar.

I wouldn't have bothered sticking it up, but since you decided to slag off my dog over the internet having never seen it in the flesh . . . . . i thought i would.

:laugh::laugh::toast:

pot,kettle.black :laugh: brockdog :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Shit for a mod.

Ideation...

Your dogs weedy with pointy ears and a crap coat :yes:

You're just being mean because he's black. You racist. :cray:

If its not blue...its shitee :laugh:

20130404_114718_zps695494b8.jpg

SINGLE HANDED :yes:

On rabbits and rats.......

Oh, and never mind single HANDED... takes the lure with 2 FINGERS :laugh:

Ideation...

Your dogs weedy with pointy ears and a crap coat :yes:

You're just being mean because he's black. You racist. :cray:

If its not blue...its shitee :laugh:

20130404_114718_zps695494b8.jpg

SINGLE HANDED :yes:

On rabbits and rats.......

Oh, and never mind single HANDED... takes the lure with 2 FINGERS :laugh:

Single handed. . . . . like you can fit in in the palm of one hand?

Does it pick up sky with those ears as well? :laugh:

Just came across a thread on a US coyote hunting board. Someone mentioned he'd been using whippets to hunt coyote but only 1 out of 10 would be able to take them. I have no experience with fox/coyote and I realise they are not the same.

best the guz eyed dittle ol coyote hunter look for his own shit in his own yard a pmsl

Edited by fourlurchers

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/270320-greyhound-or-large-whippet/page-2

Post #22 and #23

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/140847-working-whippets/

and Post #5

Which i guess makes col_88, both fencehopper and a liar.

I wouldn't have bothered sticking it up, but since you decided to slag off my dog over the internet having never seen it in the flesh . . . . . i thought i would.

:laugh::laugh::toast:

pot,kettle.black :laugh: brockdog :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Shit for a mod.

im cut to the quick :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

All fox's are different some dispatch quicker than others, just coz a whippet might be lucky a few times it will sooner or later meet a proper fox that Will ruin it! A lot of whippet owners are arragent basterds and think there better than they are. They'll never live with purpose well bred lurchers imo.

I think you are confused.

I don't think any one here was claiming to have found the new foxing breed.

The question was, can a whippet kill a fox single handed. The answer was, yes, some can. Maybe not regularly, and maybe not several a night. But anyone who got a whippet purposefully to hunt fox, is a fool.

But to say that a whippet trying to kill a fox is like hitting a rhino with a stick is retarded. Yes you get some tough foxes, but its a fecking fox, not a timber wolf. A dog does not need to be the size of a donkey and weigh the same as a mini to kill one, they ain't THAT big. The whippets greatest problem is just its skin and its thin frame (i.e getting bit on the legs can be a problem).

No one was saying they were better or even as good as a purpose bred lurcher.

The lad just asked a question, it was answered, and you decided it was bullshit.

And you're wrong.

WELL SAID :toast:

Just came across a thread on a US coyote hunting board. Someone mentioned he'd been using whippets to hunt coyote but only 1 out of 10 would be able to take them. I have no experience with fox/coyote and I realise they are not the same.

Thats just not true at all.

Finding a single handed whippet would be like finding rockin horse shit.

Usually find it towards the rear on a British Rocking Horse,at the front on an American one.

WOW! f****n original. Try again f**k face!

Just YANK ing your chain Dan!

It felt good too.

Whippet can do fox and terrier can in [BANNED TEXT] place but you b mad purposly setin out to catch 1 with 1. Whip take Lot of stick and dnt take many fox to seriously drop workin life of dog, Teeth fall out the bridge of nose is week on whips n had em blowing bubbles throw top of nose were shouldnt ,legs get smashed and that whippet mite well be a snail as 1 good bit on them leg it aint running for very long time again. I PTS a whip not long back as it kept findin fox got it leg busted by a strong dog fox leg was hangin off

• Like 1

Whippet can do fox and terrier can in [bANNED TEXT] place but you b mad purposly setin out to catch 1 with 1. Whip take Lot of stick and dnt take many fox to seriously drop workin life of dog, Teeth fall out the bridge of nose is week on whips n had em blowing bubbles throw top of nose were shouldnt ,legs get smashed and that whippet mite well be a snail as 1 good bit on them leg it aint running for very long time again. I PTS a whip not long back as it kept findin fox got it leg busted by a strong dog fox leg was hangin off

It's the fore legs that are the biggest worry, you are 100% correct.