Single Handed Whippets?

great stuff - put me down for a pup

No pups to ever come from the bitch in question.... ill leave the breeding to everybody else :yes:

In relation to the 'whippets on fox' debate....

My whippet..... would have a good fcuking go....

I know terriers were bred into whippets WAY back...to add the fire and gameness they needed....

And can sure see the gameness shining through in my 19.5tts, 24lb bitch.....

20130404_114718_zps695494b8.jpg

But i doubt she would do a good job.... so ill leave it to people who have dogs for the job...

And if i ever come across a fox... ill slip my lab x :yes:

Edited by Blue Pocket Rocket

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My mates whippet catches rabbits all on her own, rats aren't an issue either.

I think you are confused.   I don't think any one here was claiming to have found the new foxing breed.   The question was, can a whippet kill a fox single handed. The answer was, yes, some can. M

Ive had them for over 10 years and only had two that would do them regulary.. there not fox dogs and wern't bred for foxes but there is a few dogs that will do them. When i owned jake ( lord of the

Posted Images

All fox's are different some dispatch quicker than others, just coz a whippet might be lucky a few times it will sooner or later meet a proper fox that Will ruin it! A lot of whippet owners are arragent basterds and think there better than they are. They'll never live with purpose well bred lurchers imo.

Compareing a whippet to a terrier ffs, and no I dont think theres many terriers that Will kill a good fox in cover. I think use are underating the fox here myself and obviously don't catch enough to see what they are capable of when things don't go wrong.

where did your ma find you son?any chance of a pic of 1 of yours that you think can do the job?attachicon.gifBlackhearts Dogs 093.jpgwhip x of mine under 23tts and will do them for fun day/night pre ban of course-when we were kids we used my mates spaniel and he did the job of a draw dog for us when digging-lost count of how many he caught in cover and would despatch before you could get to him-and i dont think ive ever had a terrier that couldnt kill a fox-a fox is no more than a glorified f*****g cat pal-or is it that you and your mates have to double up your big bull xs cause they arse end them and thats why you think a fox is to much for a whippet? :whistling:

Ouch pmsl, my dogs carnt do them coz there shit. That picture proves alot, you only have to drop a pm and we'll see rather that chat shit on here next september, unless you want to bring your whippet lol be plenty of cubs for him in the next few weeks lol.

Do you really think there are not many terriers that would be able to kill a fox above ground if they got hold of it?

You must have some pretty hard core foxes round you, that they 'ruin' dogs, 35-40lb in weight and 21/22 " tts.

Teeth are teeth, if the dog gets their hold in the right place, the fox will die, doesn't matter if it's a terrier, a spaniel, a collie, a lab, a lurcher or a whippet (seen all of the above kill them).

No one is saying any of the above would make or are purpose bred fox dogs.

Just that you don't need a dog built like king kong to kill a fox.

Having are last lamp the othernight when some little prick shined a lamp from a car at urs so we pulled the little nobs over, they had a 16 tts bull whippet, a pure whippet and a scrawny ill looking dog that should of been in the vets on a drip tbh, well these lads where saying same things as most of use, so one of the clowns pops out his phone and sez look there single handed lol, tbh it was embarresing the poor dogs got beat up and obviously where in pain. Pure fuking idiots imo. theres dogs for jobs and if you care about your animal you'd use it for the purpose it was bred for. There's alot of people on this forum and when they read shit like this it makes them think these little rabbiting dogs are invincible, the thing is its the dogs that end up getting fuked up thanks to reading stuff like this topic.

Do you really think there are not many terriers that would be able to kill a fox above ground if they got hold of it?

You must have some pretty hard core foxes round you, that they 'ruin' dogs, 35-40lb in weight and 21/22 " tts.

Teeth are teeth, if the dog gets their hold in the right place, the fox will die, doesn't matter if it's a terrier, a spaniel, a collie, a lab, a lurcher or a whippet (seen all of the above kill them).

No one is saying any of the above would make or are purpose bred fox dogs.

Just that you don't need a dog built like king kong to kill a fox.

And it all comes down to what you just said its a big IF they grab them in the right place! Coz i know what happens if they don't!

You don't really listen do you?

Simple question - can a whippet kill a fox.

Simple answer - yes.

Your answer - 'bullshit' - was wrong. end of.

The fact that you met some muppets who thought they could turn their whippet into a regular single handed fox dog, has no bearing.

NO ONE on here was claiming that they thought their whippet was the real deal when it came to regularly taking fox, just that a good few have seen it being done with a single whippet, and even without the dog getting 'ruined'. :laugh:

All fox's are different some dispatch quicker than others, just coz a whippet might be lucky a few times it will sooner or later meet a proper fox that Will ruin it! A lot of whippet owners are arragent basterds and think there better than they are. They'll never live with purpose well bred lurchers imo.

Compareing a whippet to a terrier ffs, and no I dont think theres many terriers that Will kill a good fox in cover. I think use are underating the fox here myself and obviously don't catch enough to see what they are capable of when things don't go wrong.

where did your ma find you son?any chance of a pic of 1 of yours that you think can do the job?attachicon.gifBlackhearts Dogs 093.jpgwhip x of mine under 23tts and will do them for fun day/night pre ban of course-when we were kids we used my mates spaniel and he did the job of a draw dog for us when digging-lost count of how many he caught in cover and would despatch before you could get to him-and i dont think ive ever had a terrier that couldnt kill a fox-a fox is no more than a glorified f*****g cat pal-or is it that you and your mates have to double up your big bull xs cause they arse end them and thats why you think a fox is to much for a whippet? :whistling:

Ouch pmsl, my dogs carnt do them coz there shit. That picture proves alot, you only have to drop a pm and we'll see rather that chat shit on here next september, unless you want to bring your whippet lol be plenty of cubs for him in the next few weeks lol.

i dont hunt cubs mate thats for you young uns-like i said a fox is just like a cat-easy for a dog with abit of fire in their belly-give me a shout september time and see for yourself-i will let the dog do the talking-bye bye love :laugh:

Having are last lamp the othernight when some little prick shined a lamp from a car at urs so we pulled the little nobs over, they had a 16 tts bull whippet, a pure whippet and a scrawny ill looking dog that should of been in the vets on a drip tbh, well these lads where saying same things as most of use, so one of the clowns pops out his phone and sez look there single handed lol, tbh it was embarresing the poor dogs got beat up and obviously where in pain. Pure fuking idiots imo. theres dogs for jobs and if you care about your animal you'd use it for the purpose it was bred for. There's alot of people on this forum and when they read shit like this it makes them think these little rabbiting dogs are invincible, the thing is its the dogs that end up getting fuked up thanks to reading stuff like this topic.

What xs were you running?were they golly bred by any chance?

So they shined a lamp at you so you thought you would pull them over and have a lovely chat about dogs ? I personally think you talk alot of shit my friend grow up.

As for whippets taking fox singlehanded they can and do. But it is a long drawn out process. Not my thing. Atb

• Like 1

So they shined a lamp at you so you thought you would pull them over and have a lovely chat about dogs ? I personally think you talk alot of shit my friend grow up.

As for whippets taking fox singlehanded they can and do. But it is a long drawn out process. Not my thing. Atb

:yes::yes::yes:

We'll have agree to disagree. @ bobby no I dont, why is there something with golly lines?

Edited to fidget, let's just call it a friendly chat lol

Edited by csd_88

Finding a single handed whippet would be like finding rockin horse shit.

on the bottom of the ocean :whistling:

Yes mate, all of these guys are lying. :whistling:

Did you just need to jump in to agree with Dan :laugh: