Single Handed Whippets?

All fox's are different some dispatch quicker than others, just coz a whippet might be lucky a few times it will sooner or later meet a proper fox that Will ruin it! A lot of whippet owners are arragent basterds and think there better than they are. They'll never live with purpose well bred lurchers imo.

Compareing a whippet to a terrier ffs, and no I dont think theres many terriers that Will kill a good fox in cover. I think use a underating the fox here myself.

Who's claiming their whippet is a fox dog then?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My mates whippet catches rabbits all on her own, rats aren't an issue either.

I think you are confused.   I don't think any one here was claiming to have found the new foxing breed.   The question was, can a whippet kill a fox single handed. The answer was, yes, some can. M

Ive had them for over 10 years and only had two that would do them regulary.. there not fox dogs and wern't bred for foxes but there is a few dogs that will do them. When i owned jake ( lord of the

Posted Images

All fox's are different some dispatch quicker than others, just coz a whippet might be lucky a few times it will sooner or later meet a proper fox that Will ruin it! A lot of whippet owners are arragent basterds and think there better than they are. They'll never live with purpose well bred lurchers imo.

I think you are confused.

I don't think any one here was claiming to have found the new foxing breed.

The question was, can a whippet kill a fox single handed. The answer was, yes, some can. Maybe not regularly, and maybe not several a night. But anyone who got a whippet purposefully to hunt fox, is a fool.

But to say that a whippet trying to kill a fox is like hitting a rhino with a stick is retarded. Yes you get some tough foxes, but its a fecking fox, not a timber wolf. A dog does not need to be the size of a donkey and weigh the same as a mini to kill one, they ain't THAT big. The whippets greatest problem is just its skin and its thin frame (i.e getting bit on the legs can be a problem).

No one was saying they were better or even as good as a purpose bred lurcher.

The lad just asked a question, it was answered, and you decided it was bullshit.

And you're wrong.

• Like 4

its not impossible ............but its more humane with a lurcher although there may be exceptions..........

i would be willing to see a whippet of any mans what can despatch one quicker than a lurcher.......... :yes:

i have a whippet and a couple of lurchers ,.........one thing i will say is me whippet is very good at finding anything and at times has shocked me with a fox preban........but in no way a fox dog but hunting them as part of a bobbery pack i have found him very usefull as he alerts the rest when theres one in cover........

i find them a little bit like a quiver tip used for fishing as there senses are better than all my dogs and if the whip runs ,......me and the rest of the dogs know its hunt on....

shame those days are gone......

That sums it up very well mate. I don't think there is anyone claiming that they are better for the job than a purpose bred lurcher. However, i'd bet a decent one would do it quicker than a shitty lurcher that was running the other way. :laugh: You can have a dog the size of a rhino that's just not interested.

Im pretty sure theres people owt ther that can argue that terriers can put a fox away iv seen it done but not goin to argue ladshahaa

if terriers can kill them head to head under ground i cant see what difference above ground will be...........if anything reynard would be more vulnerable ...........

Compareing a whippet to a terrier ffs, and no I dont think theres many terriers that Will kill a good fox in cover. I think use are underating the fox here myself and obviously don't catch enough to see what they are capable of when things don't go wrong.

a decent whip can kill a fox i know for a fact no ones saying they will do it day in day out but its more than possible

just to add i cant wait till your banned because all you do is talk shit and try and get a rise on every thread

• Like 1

Compareing a whippet to a terrier ffs, and no I dont think theres many terriers that Will kill a good fox in cover. I think use are underating the fox here myself and obviously don't catch enough to see what they are capable of when things don't go wrong.

a decent whip can kill a fox i know for a fact no ones saying they will do it day in day out but its more than possible

just to add i cant wait till your banned because all you do is talk shit and try and get a rise on every thread

So you want the guy banned because he has his own opinion. Albeit a shit one. Why not just block his content? Its folks like you that have ruined this island. Get off your high horse you pompous pratt

• Like 2

Ive had them for over 10 years and only had two that would do them regulary.. there not fox dogs and wern't bred for foxes but there is a few dogs that will do them.

When i owned jake ( lord of the knight ) he would do them no problem didnt kill everyone he met but could hold them till i got to him but took alot of punishment in process and ive bred a few that did them regulary.

Ive a dog here now thats rising 5yrs old and he does them regulary but still not an out and out fox dog.

Ill get some pics up over weekend if i can find them.. its horses for courses but nice to see a dog of there size despatch them and not many get away when one of the little hounds is on em.. cheers

• Like 3

Was talking to lad the other day that runs whippets and loves them asked him about foxes and whippets he said boys will tell ye there whippets can kill them single he just laughed and said maybe a half grown cub lol

• Like 1

where did your ma find you son?any chance of a pic of 1 of yours that you think can do the job?whip x of mine under 23tts and will do them for fun day/night pre ban of course-when we were kids we used my mates spaniel and he did the job of a draw dog for us when digging-lost count of how many he caught in cover and would despatch before you could get to him-and i dont think ive ever had a terrier that couldnt kill a fox-a fox is no more than a glorified f*****g cat pal-or is it that you and your mates have to double up your big bull xs cause they arse end them and thats why you think a fox is to much for a whippet? :whistling:

• Like 1