Greatest Fight Ever...??????

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Out of breath after watching that...maybe not the greatest bout ever but you could say it didn't lack action...    

What about the Ward v Gatti fights? they were quite something to watch

the best punch i have ever seen thrown was a left hook by sugar ray robinson that knocked out gene fulmer. the perfect punch.

sugar ray called the best boxer pound for pound in the world, just watched the above fight with Lamotta.Iknow lamotta was hell of a hard bugger, and never been down.But sugar ray was welter champ, fighting middle weight champ. wonder if he had the proper power knock out a middle weight.? Eighter way it was Great scrap very fit+ hard men :yes:

• Like 1

what amazes me is the number of fights some of the old time fighters had. sugar ray robinson had 200 pro fights. :icon_eek:

won 173 (KO108)

lost 19 All points defeats bar 1 when he retired in the corner.

drawn 6

Edited by darbo

what amazes me is the number of fights some of the old time fighters had. sugar ray robinson had 200 pro fights. :icon_eek:

won 173 (KO108)

drawn 6

When i was younger i was a big Ali fan i used to argue with my ol fella he would say " Ray Robinson is the greatest fighter who ever lived " i would say " no Ali is better "..................over the years having studied Robinson,his fights,his opponents everything..........i now have no doubt at all my ol fella was right all along :D ..........logically speaking,there could never be another fighter who could ever measure up to Robinson as an athlete and a fighter.

won 173 (KO108)

drawn 6

When i was younger i was a big Ali fan i used to argue with my ol fella he would say " Ray Robinson is the greatest fighter who ever lived " i would say " no Ali is better "..................over the years having studied Robinson,his fights,his opponents everything..........i now have no doubt at all my ol fella was right all along :D ..........logically speaking,there could never be another fighter who could ever measure up to Robinson as an athlete and a fighter.

I have watched as many fights as i could and read everything i could on the man a amazing boxer and athlete as you say.my old man cant see past ali and there is no point arguing with him too stubborn but everyone has there own opinions. :thumbs:

• Like 1

won 173 (KO108)

drawn 6

I have watched as many fights as i could and read everything i could on the man a amazing boxer and athlete as you say.my old man cant see past ali and there is no point arguing with him too stubborn but everyone has there own opinions. :thumbs:

Every generation of boxing fan likes to think the best fighters came from their era so its great to see folk like yourself looking into fighters of the past they had qualities that are just taken for granted and dismissed today...........Check out years 1949/50......he had i think it was 33 fights including World Title fights............thats more than most fighters have in a career these days !....for me he just had everything.

• Like 1