Greatest Fight Ever...??????

Probably not Well known Men as Hagler ect But The Most Exiting fights I can remember was yrs ago Welsh Man Colin Jones v Milton McClory . . 2 fights and both where Tremendous !

remember those fights. i think 1 was a draw and the other a points win for mccory if my memory is intact. also remember jones getting stopped by don curry with a bad cut on the bridge of his nose. a tough fighter jones with a big left hook.

Jones was a god fighter - tough lad - he fought Kirkland Laing twice knocking him out in the 9th both times (I think) and Laing had a 10 round decision over Duran...woth watching the Jones vs Laing footage - Jones behind in both bouts then BINGO... :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

it was a case of lighting struck twice in those 2 fights. ive watched them quite a few times. :thumbs:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Out of breath after watching that...maybe not the greatest bout ever but you could say it didn't lack action...    

What about the Ward v Gatti fights? they were quite something to watch

Probably not Well known Men as Hagler ect But The Most Exiting fights I can remember was yrs ago Welsh Man Colin Jones v Milton McClory . . 2 fights and both where Tremendous !

remember those fights. i think 1 was a draw and the other a points win for mccory if my memory is intact. also remember jones getting stopped by don curry with a bad cut on the bridge of his nose. a tough fighter jones with a big left hook.

Jones was a god fighter - tough lad - he fought Kirkland Laing twice knocking him out in the 9th both times (I think) and Laing had a 10 round decision over Duran...woth watching the Jones vs Laing footage - Jones behind in both bouts then BINGO... :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

it was a case of lighting struck twice in those 2 fights. ive watched them quite a few times. :thumbs:

They were good fights...Laing was a real wasted talent - think Gnasher added his take on Laing to a post a wee while back and how Terry Lawless couldn't deal with him and wouldn't have him around anymore...

Watched this one a couple of days ago...ha ha this pair weren't keen on each other eh? Cracking fight ... :thumbs: Harry was getting excited eh?

Christie was a fantastic amatuer i thought he was going to make it big as a pro but he couldnt take a decent shot unfortunately. saw a interview with steve bunce and laing a while back. the man is like a down and out quite sad to watch really. i agree completly that laing was a wasted talent. :thumbs:

Watched this one a couple of days ago...ha ha this pair weren't keen on each other eh? Cracking fight ... :thumbs: Harry was getting excited eh?

Great fight....remember it like it was yesterday.........they were the days when a British Title eliminator meant something !

• Like 1

What about the Ward v Gatti fights? they were quite something to watch :yes:

yea for me they were the best as well... i had the pleasure of training and sparring with this fella, he would have taken us round the ring when we were training for championships etc!! his punches might have looked a bit slow but when they hit home they were shockin heavy.... and a gentleman as well IMO

I was very fortunate to have met marvin haggler ,,he was doing a gentlemens eavning here in notts and I was asked to look after him,,, they put a few of his fights on and then folk got to ask him questions,,, a real nice gent and his wife..

Although it was a good night,, it was slightly mared when one of the local "gangsters "hanger one,,,shouted out have you ever had a prostitute,,, what a f*****g nob.

I had a pic with him at the end,,, but it wasn't my camera ,, and I never got the pic,,, I had also bought one of those fancy gold marker pens,,, to get him to sign a pair of my boxing gloves,,, like a tit a forgot the gloves.

A real nice fella though , and a great fighter

Lol @ Tommo, i was asked to look after him ' Marvin Hagler.

Think he can look after himself mate lol

I know I think they just wanted me there to hold his coat...lol

Best fight for magnitude and the names involved (looking back) Hagler v Hearns for me. .

There's been many great fights Diego Corrales v Jose Luis Castillo. . Mickey Ward v Aturo Gatti (R.I.P) and others. .

But the greatest all round fight of them all for me, as stated before, was between two little fellas from Mexico. . El Terrible v The Baby Faced Assassin. . .