Greatest Fight Ever...??????

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Out of breath after watching that...maybe not the greatest bout ever but you could say it didn't lack action...    

What about the Ward v Gatti fights? they were quite something to watch

I was very fortunate to have met marvin haggler ,,he was doing a gentlemens eavning here in notts and I was asked to look after him,,, they put a few of his fights on and then folk got to ask him questions,,, a real nice gent and his wife..

Although it was a good night,, it was slightly mared when one of the local "gangsters "hanger one,,,shouted out have you ever had a prostitute,,, what a f***ing nob.

I had a pic with him at the end,,, but it wasn't my camera ,, and I never got the pic,,, I had also bought one of those fancy gold marker pens,,, to get him to sign a pair of my boxing gloves,,, like a tit a forgot the gloves.

A real nice fella though , and a great fighter

• Like 1

Maybe not greatest but paul ingle v mandina (don't no how it spelt!) when ingle won title was some match up both men threw over 100 punches each per round for 12 rounds and ingle got dropped in final round to get up and win on points. Edge of seat stuff. Always liked Paul ingle shame he never had a rematch win nazem hamed

For the sheer magnitude of the event for me Hagler/Hearns would have to go down as the greatest fight certainly in our lifetimes.............very rarely do the " superfights " that come around once in every generation live up to the hype...................ive always felt Hagler came out with the intentions of having a cagey chessmatch but when Hearns put it on him he couldnt help his own natural urge to stand and have it with him......which again for such a big fight dont happen often.

• Like 1

Im not an expert on boxing but looks like some of you fine folks are. What do you think of the fight between Tommy Farr and Joe Louis at the Yankee Stadium? I watched the fight on Youtube and its a god fight (in my non expert opinion.)

Im not an expert on boxing but looks like some of you fine folks are. What do you think of the fight between Tommy Farr and Joe Louis at the Yankee Stadium? I watched the fight on Youtube and its a god fight (in my non expert opinion.)

Watched it years ago - and from what I recall Tommy Farr put up one helluva performance against Joe Louis...losing a disputed 15 round decision...Farr had the heart of a lion...Farr was quoted as saying "My face looked like a dug up road after the louis fight"...Many felt Farr had been robbed in this fight... :thumbs:

• Like 1

Probably not Well known Men as Hagler ect But The Most Exiting fights I can remember was yrs ago Welsh Man Colin Jones v Milton McClory . . 2 fights and both where Tremendous !

remember those fights. i think 1 was a draw and the other a points win for mccory if my memory is intact. also remember jones getting stopped by don curry with a bad cut on the bridge of his nose. a tough fighter jones with a big left hook.

• Like 1

Probably not Well known Men as Hagler ect But The Most Exiting fights I can remember was yrs ago Welsh Man Colin Jones v Milton McClory . . 2 fights and both where Tremendous !

remember those fights. i think 1 was a draw and the other a points win for mccory if my memory is intact. also remember jones getting stopped by don curry with a bad cut on the bridge of his nose. a tough fighter jones with a big left hook.

Jones was a god fighter - tough lad - he fought Kirkland Laing twice knocking him out in the 9th both times (I think) and Laing had a 10 round decision over Duran...woth watching the Jones vs Laing footage - Jones behind in both bouts then BINGO... :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: