Easter Sunday is the first Sunday after the full moon following the March equinox. Thought everyone knew that. :laugh:

I'm not religious right, even though I'm a catholic so bare with me :laugh: equinox is equal daylight hours to night right? Now, that can't be the same day over the world but really just here agreed? Jebus wasn't from here so is it just is that celebrates Easter and why after our f***ing equinox :laugh:

Heathen. :laugh: The March equinox applies to all parts of the world. It's something to do with the Earth not tilting towards the Sun, making days the same length all over the world. This date is apparently always around March 20th, so whenever the next full moon comes after that, it's the Sunday after. Or something like that.

It doesn't matter where Jebus came from as I doubt people over there celebrate Easter.

When day and night are equal hours is Midsummer's night, not the Equinox.

Sheesh. :tongue2:

Equinox celibrations have been around since before stonehenge was built and it's always been at the same time,once the christians started spouting their bullshit and forcing their ways upon everyone they put easter and all the other christain celebrations close to pagan ones so to ease the change over.Hence xmas is days after the winter solstess and easter and the spring equinox,there is a old pagen story of how the spring was born of a egg and a hare laid the egg(it was a lap wings egg really),the christians have changed this into the easter bunny and easter eggs.

• Like 1

Heathen. :laugh: The March equinox applies to all parts of the world. It's something to do with the Earth not tilting towards the Sun, making days the same length all over the world. This date is apparently always around March 20th, so whenever the next full moon comes after that, it's the Sunday after. Or something like that.

It doesn't matter where Jebus came from as I doubt people over there celebrate Easter.

Hmmm all over the world have equal day and night, you sure lol. Antarctic, Australia, etc? If this jebus rised from the dead, why not on a given day like when he was born? Why one rule for one and not another? And when he rose and went to heaven, does that mean we have god and jebus looking down on us lol.

• Like 1

Hmmm all over the world have equal day and night, you sure lol. Antarctic, Australia, etc? If this jebus rised from the dead, why not on a given day like when he was born? Why one rule for one and not another? And when he rose and went to heaven, does that mean we have god and jebus looking down on us lol.

No, It's nothing to do with day and night being equal. The Equinox means the day is equal length all over the world. I quote: "During an equinox, the Earth is not tilted toward or away from the Sun and the length of the day is the same at all points on the Earth's surface."

That means that on 20th March or thereabouts, our day is the same length as the day in Mongolia, Egypt, America, Australia and the Antarctic. (I could go on.)

Why the day Jebus rose from the dead is not a given day, I don't know. Maybe because they used to date things by the moon? Or maybe because it's a fairytale.

Yes Baw, God and Jebus are looking down on us. :thumbs:

P.S. Don't make me explain it again. :laugh:

No, It's nothing to do with day and night being equal. The Equinox means the day is equal length all over the world. I quote: "During an equinox, the Earth is not tilted toward or away from the Sun and the length of the day is the same at all points on the Earth's surface."

That means that on 20th March or thereabouts, our day is the same length as the day in Mongolia, Egypt, America, Australia and the Antarctic. (I could go on.)

Why the day Jebus rose from the dead is not a given day, I don't know. Maybe because they used to date things by the moon? Or maybe because it's a fairytale.

Yes Baw, God and Jebus are looking down on us. :thumbs:

P.S. Don't make me explain it again. :laugh:

So you don't f***ing know? :laugh: Jesus f**k, you could have said that at the start :laugh:

• Like 3