New Member, Tips On Cage Trapping Rabbits Please !

we use live traps on the underground, areas of rabbit infestation will have a line of approx 20 cages some 5yds apart, baited with chipped horse carrot, checked daily and re set if needed, normally catch between 5-6 daily, everyday

Excellent pictures..ive never seen out like it. Rabbit traps are about to go up in value by 20% lol. Think il get those traps after all. No offence ment in my earlyer post...i quite simply didnt expect that. Good info aswell.!! Still dont think you could trap as many rabbits as i could shoot in a place highly populated with rabbits as that though...no offence ment.

Atb

Marty

Edited by Probuk

Ok, so it's place the traps as appropriate, is there any real suggestion we needs loads, what's wrong with a couple?

Carrot and apple are suggested baits, did I miss any other?

Cover the cage floor....... and don't bother to cover the cage floor? :hmm: I hear this all the time about FOX live traps, there is the school that suggests you will never catch a fox if you don't cover the floor as they don't like the mesh, then there is what happens to me, and I catch them fine straight on the wire floor!

I remember I did use cauliflower stalk bait on one Garden Centre site and got 1 rabbit, shot the rest, but only a handful of rabbits there.

I'll give the carrot/apple a go if I need to trap any more!

:thumbs::thumbs:

If covering the floor works, then do it. I don't, messing about covering 50 cages is a waste of time imo. I only use carrot. Nothing wrong with using couple of cages but if there are say 80 rabbits on the field you will be there a long time. Not cost effective using 2 cages.

If you need any cages pm me.

Probuk. Where was the prison that was doing the rabbits, I know someone that had cages off me for doing rabbits at a prison, he wasn't allowed to kill on site he had to bag them and killed off site

If you need any cages pm me.

Probuk. Where was the prison that was doing the rabbits, I know someone that had cages off me for doing rabbits at a prison, he wasn't allowed to kill on site he had to bag them and killed off site

I tend to do fine in the fields with a rifle, its the smaller jobs, garden centres etc that a cage may work in for me, so I only need small numbers of traps, I have them! :thumbs:

Generally use the same size traps for these to......

post-10759-0-22819400-1364287812_thumb.jpg

If I set a line of cages like that anywhere within a ten miles radius of here they would disapear in the first night. I can just imagine the dog men lining up to release the caught rabbits, running them, then nicking the trap.

Only of use to me on posh gardens where the woman of the house asks for 'humane trapping' and will pay the premium for it.

Hi all, my first post.

I'm a full time pest controller, been in the business over twenty years.

Mostly city stuff, although I live in the sticks. I'm proud of the fact I'm

Pretty good at catching moles, but I really struggle with cage trapping rabbits.

I'd be so grateful if you experts out there could share a few tips.

Thanks.

Paul.

Best of luck with your endeavours Paul... :victory:

Edited by CHALKWARREN

must be the way i get them out the cage but i always get caught.frostybunnies004_zps3cbd0617.jpg even worse on a cold frosty morning

e001_zps4ad67551.jpg

this is what happens when a fox gets its head stuck in the cage, rabbit just hangs on tight and goes for a ride

• Like 2

Im same as you DIDO, i only use them as and when required, they wouldnt last two minuets before they got nicked.

I find the Fenns and BG's better tools and the land i work lends itself to these traps better than it would cages.

I do a fair bit with the cages in gardens but certainly not on the scale as nod.

As said carrot and apple,they work for me.

DSC00083.jpg

S5000673.jpg

DSC00137.jpg

DSC00587.jpg

DSC00139.jpg

• Like 1