Homemade Larsen Mate

Nothing yet. I don't see the greycrows around as often, whether they have copped something is up or not I'm not sure. I might move it tomorrow but due to it's rather rough construction I don't want to chance a ewe getting caught in it. When I get time I'll dremel any sharp edges off it.

Two thoughts about it, I had wondered whether the string winds we've been getting would close it, they haven't, so that's good. I'm also wondering if I should put some bit of carpet or flooring in it as the mesh is off the ground where the rabbit is laid.

Busy with lambing at the moment so nothing in the trapping line will get done quickly lol, not that it ever does with me :)

We use one of these on farm and never caught nothing for months. Ended up using a small tin of cat Meat in it and sat it on a bale and have now had over twenty magpies only had magpies tho

I think I'll set it in the middle of the public road. Seen a road kill hare yesterday with two greycrows pecking away at it.

• 2 weeks later...

Dead lamb if it's lambing time, preferably one that still has both or at least one of it's eyes left. I tried a dead rabbit, guts open and all, f**k all use. Only two ewes left to lamb of my own, hopefully I won't have one, but if I do have another dead lamb, he'll be wrapped up and innocently slipped into the freezer for early next year :whistling:

Edited by JohnGalway
  • Like 1