Dogs Bred From Snipe

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jims not keeping one,He has a young dog out of snipe,Whats doing ok,This his ern, Again snipe went to a bull x lurcher,

My bitch pup out of snipe around the 5 months mark in the picture .......  

alright folks, looking for info and pics of any dogs bred with snipe as sire, doesnt matter what bitch, ive a bitch out of snipe x jodie and have followed all pups from the litter aswell as her half b

Posted Images

KAT HAD 4,, BUT 1 DOG ADD A DEFORMED FRONT LEG,,NOT A BIG LITTER, BUT MARK ONLY BRED FOR HIS OWN USE,,,NOT SHAW BUT HE MITE KEEP ALL 3,,,,

Cheers Jim..I think it's a decent litter,saves a lot of hassle at the end of the day...should make wee crackers.

2 GOOD WORKERS ,, THE REST HIS LUCK, IN THE LURCHER GAME ITS A LOTTERY,,AT TIME'S,,,,

I have talked to jim before about getting snipes spurn frozen as once he gone thre are only his Pups left to use, I am sure in the future he or others would like a pup of snipe. Has any one had there dogs sperm frozen in the past..atb

Why would you want to keep some frozen if your breeding for thee right reason and that's to improve why go backwards again if the pups he produce aren't as good as him then none of them should be bred from in the future anyway.

Why would you want to keep some frozen if your breeding for thee right reason and that's to improve why go backwards again if the pups he produce aren't as good as him then none of them should be bred from in the future anyway.

YOU MITE OF SEEN ERN, LAST SEASON, HIS 1ST SEASON, HE PUT 708 RABBITS AWAY, AND RETREIVED 64 HARES,,AND BIGGER GAME ,AND HES IN THE 700PLUS LOTS OF 50 PLUS AND ALL SO HIS 1ST SEASON LOTS OF 50,S, AND 105 IN ONE NITE 2ND SEASON,,,,HES A GOOD DOG,[,BUT] HE,S NOT GOT WHAT SNIPE HAS,, THAT DOSE NOT MAKE HIM A BAD DOG,, TO BREED FROM,IN LETS SAY 5/6 YEARS FROM NOW,,,THE BULL HAS TOOK THE TOP END SPEED OUT OF HIM, WHAT CAN LET HIM DOWN A LITTLE,,BUT IFF SPERM WAS FROZEN, MY OPTIONS WUD BE OPEN FOR ANOTHER TYP OF LURCHER,, IFF I WANTED TO,,,,,

Edited by tjones3862

I was going to ask the same Terrierman Sam as its all new info to me...I've had dogs a long old time but I'm still learning obviously..Atb Andy

Good to hear Andy. I thought I was on my own :laugh:

It's good to know this sort of thing - it may be of use sometime :thumbs:

Sam

it sounds good to keep sperm if possible my mam used to joke and say she wished she kept some of my dads before he passed away,even though he was a gingernut,

Edited by mick hucknell

The top Greyhounds hardly ever get a ride lol .....it's all done via frozen sperm/pellets..you can have a bitch mated by the top dog from ANY country without hardly getting off your arse these days...I honestly wish I knew about all this before a few of my old dogs passed away...it's not expensive either..you never know what might happen in the dog game but getting a mating from a dog that may have been gone for several years could be a matter of getting back something similar to what you once had if the worst case scenario arose...I'd say get it done Jim...even if you never have to revert to it...

• Like 2