Dogs Bred From Snipe

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jims not keeping one,He has a young dog out of snipe,Whats doing ok,This his ern, Again snipe went to a bull x lurcher,

My bitch pup out of snipe around the 5 months mark in the picture .......  

alright folks, looking for info and pics of any dogs bred with snipe as sire, doesnt matter what bitch, ive a bitch out of snipe x jodie and have followed all pups from the litter aswell as her half b

Posted Images

:hmm:You can only get a merle coloured animal,. from a Merle...

Brindle Merles sometimes have a kind of hazy look about their colouration,.but,. if you take a real close look, you will note that some of the patches contain a brindle stripe..

IT is difficult to see, ..but the Merle factor is definitely there...

Some Merle's not obvious Merle's,...in fact, a dog from Merle parents only needs one or two spots on his coat to be a Merle .

Dogs that are not Merle in colour, but which are out of a Merle parent (or god forbid, TWO Merle parents :blink: )..will NOT be carrying the Merle factor....I've bred several, different coloured Merle's over the years, and also hybridised them, with Red Speckled lurchers,..

As all hunting men know,.'colour means nowt'....but, it is an interesting subject.... :yes:

All the best, Chalkwarren...

now a man in the "know" as spoken maybe people will understand :thumbs:
Sorry to go even further off subject but what happens if you cross two merles?
It can go tits up same as breeding 2 silver ferrets together. I was browsing one of the selling sites a while back and there was some peddler wanting a merle dog to line their merle bitch with, colour was their only concern so I hope they end up with a nest of monstrosities they have to deal with.

:hmm:You can only get a merle coloured animal,. from a Merle...

Brindle Merles sometimes have a kind of hazy look about their colouration,.but,. if you take a real close look, you will note that some of the patches contain a brindle stripe..

IT is difficult to see, ..but the Merle factor is definitely there...

Some Merle's not obvious Merle's,...in fact, a dog from Merle parents only needs one or two spots on his coat to be a Merle .

Dogs that are not Merle in colour, but which are out of a Merle parent (or god forbid, TWO Merle parents :blink: )..will NOT be carrying the Merle factor....I've bred several, different coloured Merle's over the years, and also hybridised them, with Red Speckled lurchers,..

As all hunting men know,.'colour means nowt'....but, it is an interesting subject.... :yes:

All the best, Chalkwarren...

now a man in the "know" as spoken maybe people will understand :thumbs:
Sorry to go even further off subject but what happens if you cross two merles?
It can go tits up same as breeding 2 silver ferrets together. I was browsing one of the selling sites a while back and there was some peddler wanting a merle dog to line their merle bitch with, colour was their only concern so I hope they end up with a nest of monstrosities they have to deal with.
It increases the number of merle pups in the litter that's why some people do it but some will be double merle which can cause deformities such as deafness blindness being born with no eyes and other nasty stuff ,

KAT HAD 4,, BUT 1 DOG ADD A DEFORMED FRONT LEG,,NOT A BIG LITTER, BUT MARK ONLY BRED FOR HIS OWN USE,,,NOT SHAW BUT HE MITE KEEP ALL 3,,,,

Cheers Jim..I think it's a decent litter,saves a lot of hassle at the end of the day...should make wee crackers.