Bunny Diseases !!

Hi all few weeks ago the weather was fine here in wales and we went with few friends to hunt rabbits in a private friend farum infested with this little bunny.... GOD!!! if you can see how much damage done to the land you can't imagine!!!!! the farum owner show us some time this bunny burrows collapased under the cattles feet!!! anyway we manage to hunt few but believe me its difficult task a lot escape :D anyway, this is not the subject we went home to enjoy our catch meat BUT next day we talk about to friends members in our local shooting club they warning us from a deadly diseases can be transmitted to human even from tuching the animal???!!! I am really concern :cray: Please anybody can highlight to me what illness can we get from this little bunny??? if there how we can spot them and avoide the sick animal??? :icon_eek: your opinion is much appreciated....thanks :bye:

thank guys but at the time of hunting I didn't have my camera with me! :icon_redface::huh: but I can describe some of what we notice in some of the hunted rabbits..... two rabbits got a swollen deformed eyes and some got a lot of fleas, one rabbit when we skin it got a deep dark coloured meat?? I mean it deep dark nearly like bruised colour? and we notice one of my mate hunt got like lumps inside it abdominal cavity like clusters of small white balls ?? I hope that help??? :icon_eek:

thank guys but at the time of hunting I didn't have my camera with me! :icon_redface::huh: but I can describe some of what we notice in some of the hunted rabbits..... two rabbits got a swollen deformed eyes and some got a lot of fleas, one rabbit when we skin it got a deep dark coloured meat?? I mean it deep dark nearly like bruised colour? and we notice one of my mate hunt got like lumps inside it abdominal cavity like clusters of small white balls ?? I hope that help??? :icon_eek:

mitsy rabbits always have large amounts of, fleas and tapeworms :thumbs:

fleas understandable even my cat always got fleass even when we take it to vat.!!! BUT tapeworms? really!?? I thought tapeworms only in porks , lambs and cattles?? is that can be harmful to us ? how we can avoide get infected with this nasty parasite? is it possible by handling the animal or touching it we can get infected??? if we found it in future time is it recommended to destroyed the meat of that infected rabbit? and how about the swollen deformed eyes? any harm to us??? :icon_eek: any opinion?? Please

fleas understandable even my cat always got fleass even when we take it to vat.!!! BUT tapeworms? really!?? I thought tapeworms only in porks , lambs and cattles?? is that can be harmful to us ? how we can avoide get infected with this nasty parasite? is it possible by handling the animal or touching it we can get infected??? if we found it in future time is it recommended to destroyed the meat of that infected rabbit? and how about the swollen deformed eyes? any harm to us??? :icon_eek: any opinion?? Please

unless your going to eat the guts or poo it wont be a problem :laugh: there is nothing wrong with the meat of a rabbit with mitsy :thumbs: