Crufts.....

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wrote this to the kennel club ......   I was appalled to see the sad figure of what is supposed to be a Labrador paraded around the ring as a best of class at this years crufts. How can that dog p

compare and contrast........

Isn't that Buzz?

I was watching the gundogs at a friends house............. Most of them were pretty piss poor, any number of pet labs look better than that yellow shite on legs never mind the shame a good working lab would put it to. Hardly any of them had any muscle tone or athleticism about them. The only dog that caught my attention was the Chesapeak.

What they pass as spaniels was laughable. Having said all that................. I really couldn't give a flying f**k! They have their crap, we have our workers and to be honest when I get a gun dog it'll probably be a cross anyway, lol.

The only thing I would prefer is for all working lines to move away from KC and towards something more in line with hounds and racing greys like a stud book etc. Keep the two completely separate.

• Like 3

They keep talking about " fit for purpose" - but I suppose it is going to take time to reverse some of the breed traits / trends. I remember seeing a ridgeback group winner about 15 years ago - was built like the side of a barn, massive head and chest, very solid - now all the rage seems to be for the angular, athletic, tall, lighter build dog.

Having said that, my old ridgeback vacates the sofa if the cat so much as glares at him - "fit for purpose" my arse !

I didn't watch it much, but I did watch the hound group the other night. The Ridgeback looked pretty damn good. What could be fit about those dach's with their rubbery back legs I do not know. The whippet was a bit fat as well. Most of the dogs who truly looked fit for purpose were left standing at the sides.

It's rather insulting to those of us who can see what a dog is supposed to be.

I didn't watch it much, but I did watch the hound group the other night. The Ridgeback looked pretty damn good. What could be fit about those dach's with their rubbery back legs I do not know. The whippet was a bit fat as well. Most of the dogs who truly looked fit for purpose were left standing at the sides.

My parents used to breed dachshunds... Epileptic, bad teeth, throw their back out easily, heart problems, i would say 1 in 3 needs a c-section. All of them need assistance whelping.

Delicate spoilt f***ing things.

My parents used to breed dachshunds... Epileptic, bad teeth, throw their back out easily, heart problems, i would say 1 in 3 needs a c-section. All of them need assistance whelping.

I met a long haired one once, called Norman. Robust and healthy and a great temperament. But otherwise every single one (of which there were many, since I worked at a city vet) was bad tempered, delicate and prone to all sorts of shitty health conditions. Why the hell the breeders are allowed to produce stock like that is beyond me.

I met a long haired one once, called Norman. Robust and healthy and a great temperament. But otherwise every single one (of which there were many, since I worked at a city vet) was bad tempered, delicate and prone to all sorts of shitty health conditions. Why the hell the breeders are allowed to produce stock like that is beyond me.

My parents did their damndest to produce healthy stock, all our dogs were health tested and we even paid for stud dogs belonging to other breeders to be eye tested prior to using the dog. we always outcrossed to unrelated dogs but the health problems are so deeply embedded in the breed it was a pointless endeavour :censored:

For me, this says it all....Best of breed was this one,

rufus1_zpsedc07992.jpg

This one is mine...

LPIC3062_zps3605f358.jpg

Them 2 pictures speak a Thousand Words !! Is that Hideous thing on Caster's ?

No, but it should be - stuffed, on casters, and wheeled around as an example of what "show dog breeding" can do for a breed

• Like 1

Why do people blame the kc for these monstrosities?, they are only the registration society. You don't have a crash in the car and blame the dvla so you?. The breed clubs write the standard that is then put in place by the kc. If people stopped attending those events and demanded a change in standards it would soon be done because the kc does not like to miss out on a pound coin. The kc did not vote that disgrace of a dog 1st place in he gundog group but a judge that is obviously clueless about a Labradors work.

100% correct jessdale, the KC dont breed the dogs they only register them

• Like 2