Crufts.....

this one will run all day, owners a wanker though

P1000965.jpg

we were ferreting, the main concern is that it wants to retrieve every rabbit we dispatch and put on the ground

If it doesn't sit and stay where it's told when ferreting then I don't hold a lot of hope for it sitting at a peg or in a hide.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wrote this to the kennel club ......   I was appalled to see the sad figure of what is supposed to be a Labrador paraded around the ring as a best of class at this years crufts. How can that dog p

compare and contrast........

Isn't that Buzz?

P1000965.jpg

we were ferreting, the main concern is that it wants to retrieve every rabbit we dispatch and put on the ground

If it doesn't sit and stay where it's told when ferreting then I don't hold a lot of hope for it sitting at a peg or in a hide.

ok well thats your opinion and you obviously already know everything about this dog. :huh::bye:

• Like 1

If the kennel club need to see proper WORKING dogs might i sugest they remove there heads from up there own arse's & look at this thread,the lab of patterdalejoel should be breed standard ,it could WORK all day ,the springer could WORK all day,and no doubt all the dogs owened by people on here could & probably do WORK all day.My own lab is eleven she stalks with me 3 or 4 times a week,sulks if i go out without her,she would at her age run that excuse for a lab into the ground. .....The people who breed ,show, judge these dogs are a fcuking disgrace....Stop breeding dogs for the way YOU want them to LOOK & breed dogs that can do what they were intended to do ......WORK...... :censored::censored:

Not sure what's wrong about having a dog on a slip lead like?

Just a thought here, the lab breed evolved as a fishing dog originally, it was the fact that it was a good swimmer and retriever that attracted it to the shooting fraternity. I would like to see that dog carry a line from one boat to another in a force 8.

TC

Personally i love the explanations on the running commentary as to why the dogs look like they do. There was one dog with dreadlocks that a jamaican gangster would have given his right arm for and the bullshit reason for them was hysterical, another dog that had eyebrows like dennis healey it needs them for when its rooting in bushes or digging, absolutely brilliant best comedy on tv.

Why do people blame the kc for these monstrosities?, they are only the registration society. You don't have a crash in the car and blame the dvla so you?. The breed clubs write the standard that is then put in place by the kc. If people stopped attending those events and demanded a change in standards it would soon be done because the kc does not like to miss out on a pound coin. The kc did not vote that disgrace of a dog 1st place in he gundog group but a judge that is obviously clueless about a Labradors work.

fair point that, yeh you right the breed clubs have got to change the( breed standard) .The prob is today breeders( dont ) work the dogs, because if they did they would know what they are breeding today (couldnt) do a days work . Fact .i used to keep bullmastiffs, and did well in the shows in the 80s, but back then the breed was going down hill, with bad HD, not long lived, and they couldnt do the job to what they were bred for, a night dog.The proper bullmastiff of the 1920-30s were only 80-90lb dogs and agile more like ridgebacks or like the Alunt of today which x bullmastiffs x bullxgreys .The breeds of today will have to be out crossed to other breeds just to be healthy never mind work :yes: With a lurcher what ever the x, if even if it wasnt worked for what ever reason, atleast you know it would be healthy and it could work if need be . :yes:

the kc is vertually a closed stud book , ,for whatever reason , only known to them they dont want new blood introduced into the breeds .the u/s is similar most of there breeding blood came from us years ago . and they still demand a 3 gen ped before regestration as we do . the kc is under preasure from the breeders to keep there name and the money from regestration fees .dog wealfare doesent seem to come into it .yes the breeders fault for breeding shite but the kc fault for accepting it .just not fit for the origional purpose they were bred for !!.

the kc is vertually a closed stud book , ,for whatever reason , only known to them they dont want new blood introduced into the breeds .the u/s is similar most of there breeding blood came from us years ago . and they still demand a 3 gen ped before regestration as we do . the kc is under preasure from the breeders to keep there name and the money from regestration fees .dog wealfare doesent seem to come into it .yes the breeders fault for breeding shite but the kc fault for accepting it .just not fit for the origional purpose they were bred for !!.

:thumbs: