Wee Injury, Big Bill & That's Me Done For The Season.

Sore one

Thats twice this year Jake has had similar but smaller bites,, :censored:

Oh and for the record.. my Lurchers are insured as a Beardie cross, and a bedlington terrier cross. Saved loads over the lurcher and lurcher cross prices.

Much does that cost per month Mark??? :thumbs:

I'm £35 a month for two lurchers and a terrier, had 3 claims plus this one,

£380, £390 & £750 plus this one @ £644, the premium may/probably will rise but even so it's worth it in the long run, :thumbs:

do you think the bills would of been so expensive if you were not insured i dont £644 for that is disgusting i reckon the vet i use wouldnt of went over £100 for that my mate went with his dog a couple months ago a tear plus the muscle was tore got them stiched he got 2 dew claws removed while the dog was under £135 for the lot

Edited by nothernlite

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you not think your better letting the air at it to heal it quicker

That is daylight robbery for a little skin tear and i would of hit the roof with that price.. ..my dog is insured and that is a all new ball game to the vet's..i had a problem a while back with the p

should have stiched it yourself would have cost you less than £3

The £380 one was for a similar one to the £644 but I didn't mention insurance, again this was vetsnow emergency vets,

The £390 one was my own vets, 2 wounds, stitching tendons and muscle back together and a 22 stitch skin tear.

The £750 one was for the terrier, again at my vet, liver failure, that was all the tests required, she had round the clock care for a week and if it wasn't for him she wouldn't be here. :thumbs:

Just picked bitch up from vet, he said they had to remove the tissue already stitched and extend the wound to make it more neater and allow for the other mobs butchery, wound is twice as big but a lot neater, if the vetsnow rip off mob had done something similar then I'd have been happy. My vet is going to write to them and bring to their attention how unhappy I and he was with their work, and also a few discrepancies with regards to their invoice and their costings for example they charged me £29 for the same thing my vet would have charged £12. :hmm:

20130312_174935_zps70ff1448.jpg

That poor dog must be sick as a parrot...it is deffinitely a better job just how it should of been done to start with..is they no way you can claim the money back from the origional bodge up job..

That poor dog must be sick as a parrot...it is deffinitely a better job just how it should of been done to start with..is they no way you can claim the money back from the origional bodge up job..

Aye she's a bit pissed off like :laugh:

My own vet is going to "suggest" they waive the fee and then see where it goes from there. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Just picked bitch up from vet, he said they had to remove the tissue already stitched and extend the wound to make it more neater and allow for the other mobs butchery, wound is twice as big but a lot neater, if the vetsnow rip off mob had done something similar then I'd have been happy. My vet is going to write to them and bring to their attention how unhappy I and he was with their work, and also a few discrepancies with regards to their invoice and their costings for example they charged me £29 for the same thing my vet would have charged £12. :hmm:

20130312_174935_zps70ff1448.jpg

That is awful - your vet sounds like a decent guy. I'd honestly be severely pissed off at this carry on - as I am sure you are. Hope it all works out for you!!!! :thumbs:

• Like 1

looking at the first picture and the last picture ...................some fooker is having a girraffe ,..........i would be steaming ..............

ridiculous and i would be wanting some answers followed by comp ...................threaten the papers should do the trick.....

i aint no vet and i dont know alot about stuff ................i mean its easy to say you would of done this and that.....after looking at the tear on here.......... i think i would of took my chances on that one and gave some met cam and firstly tried to see if the skin would pull up for staples......

if so i would of shaved the skin edge on the body to make sure the staples were far enough over.......and then cleaned with hibi scrub and cotton wool ,.just dabbing ............then i would of pulled the skin up with the help of a friend stapled back together as tidy as i could...........

purple sprayed over the top and started a course of anti biotics............and the funnel on the head stopping her aggitating or picking/loosing the staples........

im no expert but this is honestly what i would of gone for .........had a lad bring a terrier up tother day in a bit of a mess and the lad left it for a whole day before he decided to do some thing about it...........tears and rips / puncture wounds heal quicker and better the sooner its put back together so it bonds quicker........hopoefully the lad will know better next time .............were lucky to have an old hunt vet who is spot on but unfortunately he was in hospital having a heart by pass..........well at least its done but im sure its been made to look worst than it actually was .............but judgeing from a picture is hard to tell ......atb

Holy f**k

Fucksake Ross, that look sare

My insewerance is wi Tesco

Twa lurchers, 21 quid a month

Aye tesco are good at paying out, after my first two claims the monthly premium went up from £33 - £35 and the way it's worked it seems like the older the dog the higher the premium, think it's something like £15 for old bitch £11 for other & £7 for the terrier or something along those lines.

looking at the first and second picture are like night and day , i would be asking why the first one has a wee curl of skin at the top ,the wounds no shaved before you even start itemizing the bill .with some vet the animal doesn't come into it ,its all about money

• Like 1