Wee Injury, Big Bill & That's Me Done For The Season.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you not think your better letting the air at it to heal it quicker

That is daylight robbery for a little skin tear and i would of hit the roof with that price.. ..my dog is insured and that is a all new ball game to the vet's..i had a problem a while back with the p

should have stiched it yourself would have cost you less than £3

By the way RM2508 i was not being horrible hopefully or negative toward's you or your post..i am just saying it as i have seen over the year's..the way that has been done could get infected though..through bad trimming and no drain..i wonder if the vet has this planned for a insured dog.. :whistling:

• Like 1

HOW MUCH, thieving bilge rats, i could have sorted that wound out in minutes for you, at no cost, get that dressing off mate, get some air to it

good luck :thumbs:

Dressing is off, :thumbs:

f**k aye I know I've been bent over and shafted by the c**ts, only consolation is that it's gonnae cost me nowt as the neighbour is willing to pay albeit the £70 excess or the whole shebang, :thumbs:

Cheers.

That's fair enough mate - hopefully you'll not be out of pocket but I would be bad for asking them to justify the final amount...that's a serious bill for what they have done!!!

Although it's stitched up it look's a bad untidy job to me..they have not took the fur away from the stiched area.. :blink: ..and they is no drain hole at the bottom..change your vet's mate they seem as green as new grass

Yes I mentioned a drain yesterday and she avoided answering, just went on about the meds and the injury itself, thankfully that was not my vet but the emergency vet, I'm taking her in to see my vet today, the last time something similar happened the emergency vet used White thread on her and my usual vet was none too happy about the job to say the least,

well i ve never used a stapler and the missus is nt to keen on them but im going to get one and if i ever get a smallish wound i will give it a go .is there no link anywere to show us how to use them?

Phoned my vet this morning hes gonnae have a look FOC as even with the emergency appointment fee he cannnot fathom how a simple sjin tear costs £644, so I'll report back his thoughtz which should be interesting!

For those that think I naive im under no illusions a wee staple or stich would be suffice, but I wanted your thoughts on the treatment/cost reflection as all of your thoughts went through my head but wanted conformation. :thumbs:

That's a bloody bad job they've done there RM. Be interested to see what your own vet says. When my bitch had her accident and was butchered by the local vet, I sent photos to my old boss back home and he confirmed what I already knew: vet here did my dog a disservice stitching her up the way he did. It took her 6 full months to heal.

Hope the dog heals up quickly but I reckon you're going to have a long road there.

Bummer about the dog mate........Robbing b*****ds heard the word "insured" and your price doubled. Probably cause its your neighbour your quite laid back about it, not sure of i would be with a wound like that. He's lucky your not getting him to pay the full whack cause that will be your premium up now....what would he have done of you were not insured? If his dog is a biter he'd be better of getting a muzzle for it.

anybody thats has insurance oiling the cogs of these daylight robbers i dont and ill never have insurance its giving vets the green light to f**k you over and insurance companys are only there to make a buck.

my bitch got ripped on a sunday morn not too long back very similar wound and i was £180 and they gave me tablets that she didnt need i had a whinge at the vet about that amount for an hours work.

hope the dugs better soon

Bummer about the dog mate........Robbing b*****ds heard the word "insured" and your price doubled. Probably cause its your neighbour your quite laid back about it, not sure of i would be with a wound like that. He's lucky your not getting him to pay the full whack cause that will be your premium up now....what would he have done of you were not insured? If his dog is a biter he'd be better of getting a muzzle for it.

Very laid back, he shat himself at the time when I went daft, but i'd saw the whole thing so calmed down fairly quick, I dont blame the owner or the collie realy she run past at speed and he nipped he, whether it was his herding or protrction instict, there was no malice in it so im prepared to let it be providing it doesnt leave me out of pocket. :thumbs: