Wee Injury, Big Bill & That's Me Done For The Season.

Well took an early morning mooch this morning with a mate, nothing about so headed back, dog off lead walking round the side of house, neighbours dogs come round the side, my bitch is wary of dogs at best of times so she runs round them but the old collie is in herding/protection mode and as she runs past he just nipped her but as it was at speed he tore her side, the neighbour was very apologetic said let him know the outcome from vet. I don't blame the collie it's just one of these things, he was just doing what he does. Anyway quick assessment doesn't look too bad, just a skin tear but missus phones vets and that's that, they want £140 just to open the doors but needs must, I have insurance and I thought I would be a clean up and staple job pre warned with consultation it would be around £350ish Inc vat. How wrong could I be! Well I was right but with all the add ons the invoice I received was £644. Robbing b*****ds and to top things off they've put a sticky dressing on (£14 btw) on it which I've never seen or heard done on dogs before. I'm just hoping the insurance pays out.

The wound

20130310_082348_zps15fb9255.jpg

20130310_082341_zpsa40319e3.jpg

Literally 10 minutes before

20130310_0751290_zpsfecb4131.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you not think your better letting the air at it to heal it quicker

That is daylight robbery for a little skin tear and i would of hit the roof with that price.. ..my dog is insured and that is a all new ball game to the vet's..i had a problem a while back with the p

should have stiched it yourself would have cost you less than £3

Bet you weren't expecting a £600 plus bill for that eh? That's a shocker. They've got u where they want you when you are in the surgery? Been in the exact same position in the past - leaves a kinda bitter taste eh? Hope all goes well... :thumbs:

Bet you weren't expecting a £600 plus bill for that eh? That's a shocker. They've got u where they want you when you are in the surgery? Been in the exact same position in the past - leaves a kinda bitter taste eh? Hope all goes well... :thumbs:

Aye that's it, thing was, the guesstimated bill was the £350-£400 Mark as soon as insurance is mentioned it seems it doubles the bill!! All these wee things in the invoice add up. £30 for antibiotics (the same as what I've got here) £14 for a dressing patch?!? They knocked her out when I asked them not to, my own vet won't be happy I don't think, he's sound as a pound wee stitch and a staple here, the bare minimum which I don't mind, I paid the bill and submitted a claim to the insurance. It's the best £35 a month I'm spending, this will be my 4th claim in 3 years between 3 dogs. Back to my own vet in 2-3 days to check it, what's people's opinions on the dressing patch? :hmm: I'd imagine it must be fine if the vet used it. But then I want to see the dressing wound wise.

20130310_171428_zpsacbef927.jpg

shocking price for a skin tear do you think it would of been cheaper if you werent insured being a sunday doesnt help either :thumbs:

£140 + vat just to open the door?

The estimated £350-£400 Rose to £644 because of insurance. b*****ds!

Do you not think your better letting the air at it to heal it quicker :hmm:

That's precisely what I said and she said it will fall off in a day or two, she's the expert supposedly?

thats a bxstxxd that mate, my old dog got nailed by a neighbours old english sheepdug, very similar injury to your dug and roughly the same amount, he paid the bill though :thumbs:

He offered mate, he'll pay the excess if the insurance pays out, or the full amount if not. :thumbs:

• Like 2

Do you not think your better letting the air at it to heal it quicker :hmm:

That's precisely what I said and she said it will fall off in a day or two, she's the expert supposedly?

i would have stapled it personally,but that might have left a worse scar,cause of the shape it looks to be....dog will be fine in no time bud....hope it heals well...atb.. :thumbs: