United V Madrid

Can't see that working. Morinhio couldn't stand being told what to do at Chelsea and ferguson isn't going to take a back seat IMO.

When Fergie took over at Old Trafford, Sir Matt Busby was still on the scene and always on hand. I've read quotes from Fergie many a time about how Sir Matt was always there of he needed advice but he was never in the way.. The ethos at old Trafford has always been that the manager is the main man and everything must go through him. Fergie is very much of this mindset and has stated that this is one of the main reasons for the continued success, so I can't see him interfering or trying to offer any assistance unless its asked for. I reckon the set up there would suit Mourinho down to the ground because part of his problems at other clubs is that he hasn't been the main man which has led to confrontations with the hierarchy above and around him.

JMO! :thumbs:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Football is not my game, but I do enjoy a good match between two of the worlds best clubs. . Madrid fans will be happy, United not so, but irrelevant of who you support, I feel the ref robbed the watc

The reason we all as neutrals watch top games like this is to see who plays the best football and what players influence the game for their teams victory...........when the referee is the major influe

Cannot believe it .Can honestly say I'm gobsmacked                                                                                                

Good points malt. Still can't see fergie stepping aside. I'd love to see moriniho back in Britain, the game needs characters like him.

He has to at some point......said it earlier Mourinho is getting set up for the Man U job..... :yes:

Good points malt. Still can't see fergie stepping aside. I'd love to see moriniho back in Britain, the game needs characters like him.

He has to at some point......said it earlier Mourinho is getting set up for the Man U job..... :yes:

He'll go the same way as his Scotland co manager, big Jock :yes:

I think Keane knows it wasnt a red.....but like anything else in the media you have to have a few controversial characters..............wouldnt be much of a tv or radio show if a bunch of blokes just sat around agreeing with each other would it................its like that dick Adrian Durham on talksport,yesterday he was saying Mourihno isnt much of a manager !!..............Keane is doing the same just going against the grain to create talking points in his mind he knows that wasnt a red......

As regards the referees i think a lot of them are trying to get in on the limelight of being in the football industry.....take that muggy Mark Clattenburg whatever his name is......3 years ago he looked like a choir boy,clock his barnet now he looks like a f****n pop star.......you run around blowing a whistle you big melt your not a showbiz personality.......same as these refs you see trying to be all pally with the players,makes me cringe.

Refs are definately playing too big a part in the game at the moment in my opinion.

See that post I've quoted of yours gnash, the part where the refs trying to be pally with the players makes you cringe? What makes you cringe about it?

The fact that middle aged men are trying to be " down with the lads ".....trying to have a giggle with them and act like they are personal friends who go out on the town together of a weekend.........they referee football matches they either want the authority that carries,or they dont...........you dont get plod going out on the thief with the local scallies just so they can fit in with the lads !...........................think im starting to develop an unhealthy hatred for referees :D

Can't see that working. Morinhio couldn't stand being told what to do at Chelsea and ferguson isn't going to take a back seat IMO.

When Fergie took over at Old Trafford, Sir Matt Busby was still on the scene and always on hand. I've read quotes from Fergie many a time about how Sir Matt was always there of he needed advice but he was never in the way.. The ethos at old Trafford has always been that the manager is the main man and everything must go through him. Fergie is very much of this mindset and has stated that this is one of the main reasons for the continued success, so I can't see him interfering or trying to offer any assistance unless its asked for. I reckon the set up there would suit Mourinho down to the ground because part of his problems at other clubs is that he hasn't been the main man which has led to confrontations with the hierarchy above and around him.

JMO! :thumbs:

If Mourihno ends up at Man Utd i,ll eat my hat !!...............I just cant see it they are far too classy a club for him.............He,s a great football man in terms of tactics/getting the best from players..................but after his initial winning/proving a point period he seems to get far more interested in managing himself than managing the club to the point he ends up hated everywhere he go,s........I cant see Utd going for a manager they know will last 2 or 3 years then moving onto someone else.

Ive a wee hunch Mourihno might already be in the bag myself after listening to his reaction after the game the other night...infact im intrigued what price the bookies are offering for a wee punt but my only doubt is if the two of them would accept the other in their shadow although they've both publicly stated how much they respect each other...but in the other hand maybe hes been lined up when the big red hooter walks away??? who knows for sure but i think if you can get a price it must be worth a few quid :hmm:

Personally i think Moyes is the man for Man Utd myself,i know he's not won anything at Everton yet but i think he's done a grand job there but also he reminds me as if he's cast from the same mould as Fergie with the same mentality and ethos for the game and with a few bob more than he's used to i think he would do well if he got the chance with the character to fill the void SAF is gonna leave when he finally steps down and put his own stamp on the club.

Football is not my game, but I do enjoy a good match between two of the worlds best clubs. . Madrid fans will be happy, United not so, but irrelevant of who you support, I feel the ref robbed the watching audience of a greatly, evenly matched game. . .

correct mate

I'm not sure if Mourhino will end up at Old Trafford... He's not got the backing of the board, but we'll see...

Fergie would not be a hindrance to him though, fck me the Russians a hindrance to everyone lol..

As said earlier I think Solskjaer is in the frame, he's been mentored by fergie before moving to Molde and doing well...

Possible talk of Ole with Neville as coach and Giggs having a role too... Fergie could oversee this without getting in the way, there'd be no egos to contend with either..

I like Mourinho, he's good for football at least he's interesting..

I'm not sure if Mourhino will end up at Old Trafford... He's not got the backing of the board, but we'll see...

Fergie would not be a hindrance to him though, fck me the Russians a hindrance to everyone lol..

As said earlier I think Solskjaer is in the frame, he's been mentored by fergie before moving to Molde and doing well...

Possible talk of Ole with Neville as coach and Giggs having a role too... Fergie could oversee this without getting in the way, there'd be no egos to contend with either..

Ole is showing promise over at Molde, but I have reservations about any of Fergies ex players taking over the reigns. :yes: Look at the ex players who many thought would make great managers when they retired and took up managing, Keane, Bruce, Robson, Hughes, etc.. Not one of them has been able to prove theirselves at the level required to manage a club like united.. Some have done OK, some have been spectacular failures..

Ole is showing promise over at Molde, but I have reservations about any of Fergies ex players taking over the reigns. :yes: Look at the ex players who many thought would make great managers when they retired and took up managing, Keane, Bruce, Robson, Hughes, etc.. Not one of them has been able to prove theirselves at the level required to manage a club like united.. Some have done OK, some have been spectacular failures..

Fair point Malt, but Ole has been mentored at UTD, whilst he was in charge of the reserves and I think Molde was a safe job in that he's a hero there.. He didn't jump into the deep end like Hughes, Bruce and Robson...... oh and Keano lol..I just think UTD is a very stable club the building work has been done by Fergie... Clubs like Chelsea, City are different animals.....

I think Mourinho will do well anywhere ( well he has lol), players seem to want to play for him and he is tactically astute... As you pointed out earlier, his substitutes were bang on on Tuesday.... I just don't know if he'll fit the club??

Maybe I'm being nostalgic, but a little team of ex players as manager and coaches could work... Especially with Fergus there for guidance, they will use his experience because they won't feel threatened like Morinho ( with his ego lol) would....

Who would you like to see take it on Malt???