Od And His Bobbery Pack

Well lads it was the last meet for us wednesday just gone,the weather was cold, a sunny day and for a change dry,the last few meets have been lambing calls,we found our first drag in a thick patch of brambles right next to where the lambs were,hounds away in good voice down through the cover turning left handed up a small valley one of the farmers having a shot at it ,missing him ,the drag turned right handed over some marshland before crossing out over the field,a young lady who has supported us all season came on the cb to say that her lurcher had accounted for that one ,her smile was beaming through the cb to us all "fairplay",hounds hunted back through the marsh rose another drag a very fast hunt catching him before he got to the field,we carried on down hunting a big patch of white grass hounds finding one, a good bit of music on this one,out of the white grass crossing a few fields bring him around in a circle,he was also accounted for with the lurchers,i would like to point out ,NOT WITH THESE POINTY FACED LURCHERS , :tongue2: anyway carrying our way down the valley hounds found another drag,a good hunt while they stayed in the cover,but once they hit the fields the scent went ,the fields had been covered with shit ,hounds found the drag again once they hit the hedges but it was stop start for a while ,could'nt do much with him then out of the blue they marked him in a hedgerow,three blast's on the horn and the terriers were on they're way ,a young bitch was entered finging her drag straight away fairplay because it was a big old place,showing 1.2 on the box,a good dig and they were through to her fast to the drag,because this was a lambing call it was decided to shot it,got the bitch off her drag went to shoot it ,looking up the pipe it had gone ,she had caught it mid tube "bloody hell"we did'nt enter her again because she had taken a bit ,so another bitch was entered the next mark was 2.1 on the box ,sorry lads i'll leave you to it and away to the next cover which was empty,moving on again hounds found in big old valley,a good bit of music and some good viewing as well a few drag's were seen leaving the cover, but hounds stayed on the same one hunting him into some gorse and bramble eventually catching him,the boy's came over the cb saying they had accounted for the one in the ground as well ,hound drew the rest of the valley but could'nt do much with it ,so i said we would call it a day ,blowing for hounds one short "lollipop"one of the boy's said they had heard a hound calling,next thing all the hounds away again back up the valley,within five minutes they were all calling ,in the same place marking another one in ,terriers were back in action again but only 0.6 this time ,fairplay to lollipop,then we called it a day and a end to another good season,yet again i've had great support of a good bunch of boys,thanks again and i'll see you next season od,

HPIM1337-1.jpg

HPIM1341.jpg

HPIM1339.jpg

HPIM1338.jpg

HPIM1340.jpg

HPIM1342.jpg

• Like 9

I really enjoyed reading that... Well done OD on another hard season well fought, some cracking pics there too both from you an Woods.. :yes:

Best of luck with your next season fellas... :thumbs: