Beardie Collie Half X On Lamp!!!

Keep him goin this time yr stuff norm quick anyway and as said even the beter dogs strugle with moon up and no condition my mate got half x lump of dog only 22tts 55lb was on here as borntorun see that dog many a time catch ova 20 just keep gettin it out mate it will learn, his catches all ova country cnt see why urs wont with time

So your say half cross r rubbish on the lamp. I was under the impression at they where good at catching rabbits as they r the ideal height.

I was also under the impression at what they lacked in speed they made up for with intelligence !!!

Regards Roger

i never said a half cross is no good on the lamp just 1 dog as he described it no speed so might excell at another job.

Hello all

I have a beardie collie half cross DH out of Hector. He is coming up the the age of 2 and this has been his first session on lamp.

He has caught only a couple of rabbits on the lamp which he outwitted. In a flat out run on short wheat he has no hope. Just not fast enough.

Is he a lost cause or do you think he will get better with time.

Regards Roger

he,ll never make a lamping dog but might excell along with the ferret,s and a bitta neting.

Most f***ing idiotic quote I have ever read on this forum - hounddog3 = retard!!!!

what u on about he,s not got the speed to catch a good rabbit on the lamp so how,s he gonna catch em. :whistling:

Hello all

I have a beardie collie half cross DH out of Hector. He is coming up the the age of 2 and this has been his first session on lamp.

He has caught only a couple of rabbits on the lamp which he outwitted. In a flat out run on short wheat he has no hope. Just not fast enough.

Is he a lost cause or do you think he will get better with time.

Regards Roger

he,ll never make a lamping dog but might excell along with the ferret,s and a bitta neting.

Thank fuc@ for this place. I was thinking of getting a half cross for my next lamper.Nice to know they all wont make the grade. Ha Ha

I think someone should tell the Don dog that, i hear he has a sprinkle of collie in him.

Yours in sport Pernod

it was never said they all wont make the grade the owner know,s he has no speed so wont make a top lamping dog.

U ain't wrong about the rabbit moving fast that this time of year. They are off like bullets. He caught quickly on a rape field, but short wheat seems to be too much for him at the moment.

I will have to pick me spots better and build his confidence up a bit.

Regards Roger

• Like 2

confidence is a big thing with some young dogs. i had a 1/2 cross many many years ago and he took a good while to mature. pick and choose your runs which is easier said than done depending on the land and amount of rabbits etc. get him on some young early season rabbits as confidence boosters in the spring early summer. nothing wrong running them with a young dog just starting its working life. much too soon to write him off. long slips on fast ground can come later on when he is experienced. lamp shy rabbits and fast terrain not for a inexperienced dog. pick your runs and ground if possible. just take your time some catches on young green as grass rabbits spring /summer. good luck feed him well keep him fit . hopefully next season he will have progressed on well. it can be very frustrating bringing a young dog on . you will get there. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Give him some green rabbits through the summer, always try and end the night on a high point for him(end on a catch if possible) he's a young dog and as been said beardies can be a bit slower to mature............confidence is the key with young dogs. :victory:

• Like 2