Diana 52 Upgraded By Dave Duncan

As title really, just to let you know I got my gun back from Mr Duncan today and what a transformation! Gone is the sluggish fart that accompanied a trigger pull and in comes a delightfuly sturdy thump. Even cocking it just feels so much more solid than before thanks to the new piston head, polished internals and new Airforce spring. Running at 11.4ft/lbs with a 16.9gr pellet means we're all lawful and above board too.

I'm currently testing AA Diablo fields and RWS superdomes for pellet choices and would like to try some JSB Exacts too when I can find some in .22.

All in all though I mega chuffed and would recommend Dave Duncan to anyone as his work seems top drawer and his prices are good too.

Jim.

The one I have now is .177 but I did have one in .22 some years ago and to be honest, it was one of the most pellet fussy guns I've ever known.

It shot perfectly with Crossman Premiers but very little else. Even the one I have now is pretty fussy, JSB Exact and FTTs work very well though.

Excellent, thanks for the info.

I'm finding it hard to get a 1/2" group at 25 yards, and there's always a stray one in almost every group, even with RWS's own superdomes. Now I'm not suggesting I'm a world class sniper, but I did used to shoot competitively in The TA and, whilst we can always improve, I reckon I've a decent technique. This maybe explains why! I've got some FTT's on the way through the pellet swap thread, and I'm trying to find some JSB exacts. I'll add Crossman premiers to the "need-to-find" list :thumbs:

regards,

Jim

Mine didn't like Superdomes at all. It shot OK with FTTs in .22 but no better than average at best. The Premiers were perfect though. I had an FAC at the time and mine was making around 32ft-lbs and it would hit spent 12g cases pretty much every time out to a measured 75 yards.

Interestingly when I first got the gun it was a UK spec sub 12 rifle and it still shot the same pellets in the same way once turned back up to it's full spec.