Rabbit Carrier

i use a military issue kit wash bag, just like a net bag, it rolls up into my webbing and i just leave it by the gate when i go into the next field. alot of my permissions have no public access too so you can set a pile and collect it at the end

i used to have a big rucksack that could fit about 25 rabbits in it but it got lost over the years and have never found one as good so i thought i would give one of these rabbit carriers ago and see what there like. atb :thumbs:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just bring some sausage head that wanted a days ferreting with you that works for me

I also yoused to youse big safety pins ,, on a bit of webbing,, it's easy to push the point through the hock , can get 5 on each pin,, my mate Nobby of here made some home made pins even better than t

i am a rocket scientist and my son is a brain surgeon , yesterday when we were out with the ferrets we invented this piece of high tech kit to carry rabbits with,

Posted Images

Just bring some sausage head that wanted a days ferreting with you :thumbs: that works for me :D

I told you I'd be your sausage head for the day lol

PM sent Roy,forgot all about you mucker sorry about that.By the way were you at the Carl Frampton fight a couple of weeks ago? thought i seen you a few rows back from me and the missus.

Just bring some sausage head that wanted a days ferreting with you :thumbs: that works for me :D

I told you I'd be your sausage head for the day lol

PM sent Roy,forgot all about you mucker sorry about that.By the way were you at the Carl Frampton fight a couple of weeks ago? thought i seen you a few rows back from me and the missus.

No wurries mate/pm,d/you back there

Yes mate I was indeed what a fight it was too

You might find this way better mate,, tie both ends of the string to the ring it makes a loop wich you loop in to slip not ,,, or you can leg the rabbit through the loop if you prefer,, here's some pics I just did,,

The coper wire represents the ring obviously.

I tied on to the ring as I would if I were knitting a net,, making a row of meshes,, although I dowt it would matter if you just tied them on separately

gamecarrier001_zpsc0fc8982.jpg

Make I slip loop as below

gamecarrier002_zps13e63804.jpg

now loop it over rabbits leg

gamecarrier003_zps77419b3d.jpg

gamecarrier004_zpsd5956f95.jpg

Or you could leg it ,, through the big loop,, like the pic below,,,,but there's no need realy

gamecarrier005_zpsfe6fa37e.jpg

this is the second one i made i took tomo's advice and shortened it i also lost the rings as they were tangling up all the time im going out ferreting on sunday to try it out hope it works and doesnt drop to bits :laugh: atb :thumbs:

made one the same works a treat put a pad on the strap for my neck save it digging in :thumbs:

this is the second one i made i took tomo's advice and shortened it i also lost the rings as they were tangling up all the time im going out ferreting on sunday to try it out hope it works and doesnt drop to bits :laugh: atb :thumbs:

made one the same works a treat put a pad on the strap for my neck save it digging in :thumbs:

i was thinking about putting some padding on the strap but it seemed pretty comfortable already ill know better after iv used it on sunday if it needs padding atb pal :thumbs:

simon, where in cumbria are finding enough rabbits to warrent a bloody carrier lol i went for a look on one of my perrmisions near penrith the other week and all the warrens were full of bloody water! if you need someone to carry your plentyfull bounty for you give me a shout bud :thumbs:

atb ant