Rabbit Carrier

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just bring some sausage head that wanted a days ferreting with you that works for me

I also yoused to youse big safety pins ,, on a bit of webbing,, it's easy to push the point through the hock , can get 5 on each pin,, my mate Nobby of here made some home made pins even better than t

i am a rocket scientist and my son is a brain surgeon , yesterday when we were out with the ferrets we invented this piece of high tech kit to carry rabbits with,

Posted Images

cheers for all the replys lads iv used dog leads bits of rope and even bailer twine before but find there all uncomfortable to carry and dig into the shoulder as country joe says you need something that is comfortable when carrying a lot of rabbits. thanks for all the ideas ill give some of them a go and see which works best for me atb :thumbs:

I also yoused to youse big safety pins ,, on a bit of webbing,, it's easy to push the point through the hock , can get 5 on each pin,, my mate Nobby of here made some home made pins even better than the ones I had from work.

Here's a few pics of strong stuffs carrier,, this was a prototype I got him to make,, it actually a little bit to long,,, and his since shortened them , but this one great for carrying a lot of rabbits,, especially if you use it like in the pics ,, as a yolk, rather than just hanging of one shoulder

DSCF0319.jpg

DSCF0317.jpg

DSCF0318.jpg

i like the look of that carrier it looks like it comfortable does your mate make them to sell if so how much do they cost atb :thumbs:

She's done a good job there,, but ideally you want it shorter,,, they are going to bang around your legs and hips,,, you realy want the feet of the rabbits high up around your shoulders.

You want the seatbelt strap shorter,,, and the ties with the rings on shorter.

Also you don't realy need a ring on the end,,,, if you tie both ends of the string on to the ring stitched on the strap,,, that makes a loop,,,,, then just pass the loop through itself... It's very simple,,, although it might not sound it the way I have written

tomo, that SS carrier that you have is it something he does all the time or is it something bespoke he did for you? I just cant see them on his site.

simonrocco i like what you have done with that I may have a go at something similar but would need to make the bits the rabbits hang off shorter to stop the heads popping out the bottom of my jacket

Just send him a pm mate,, he was making them to order I think,,, but I've not seen him for a while ,, like I said in my post it is a little long , especially when carrying it over 1 shoulder,, but it's great as a yolk,,,

I'm certain he improved on that first one he did for me,,, instead of the dog clips on the end,, he put them on the strap, and rings on the end,, and shortened it

Just send him a pm mate,, he was making them to order I think,,, but I've not seen him for a while ,, like I said in my post it is a little long , especially when carrying it over 1 shoulder,, but it's great as a yolk,,,

I'm certain he improved on that first one he did for me,,, instead of the dog clips on the end,, he put them on the strap, and rings on the end,, and shortened it

OK thanks

She's done a good job there,, but ideally you want it shorter,,, they are going to bang around your legs and hips,,, you realy want the feet of the rabbits high up around your shoulders.

You want the seatbelt strap shorter,,, and the ties with the rings on shorter.

Also you don't realy need a ring on the end,,,, if you tie both ends of the string on to the ring stitched on the strap,,, that makes a loop,,,,, then just pass the loop through itself... It's very simple,,, although it might not sound it the way I have written

cheers for the advice tomo i was thinking that it could be a bit shorter myself iv got another one to make today so ill make that one shorter and ill try this one with out the rings on the end i was thinking about taking the rings off the first one as they seem to get a bit tangled at times. cheers pal atb :thumbs:

tomo, that SS carrier that you have is it something he does all the time or is it something bespoke he did for you? I just cant see them on his site.

simonrocco i like what you have done with that I may have a go at something similar but would need to make the bits the rabbits hang off shorter to stop the heads popping out the bottom of my jacket

thanks pal atb with making yours :thumbs:

i use a military issue kit wash bag, just like a net bag, it rolls up into my webbing and i just leave it by the gate when i go into the next field. alot of my permissions have no public access too so you can set a pile and collect it at the end