Rabbit Carrier

hello there im thinking about making a home made rabbit carrier one that can hold a decent number of rabbits iv seen some carriers but they dont seem to hold many rabbits and cost a few quid has anyone made a carrier and was it cheaper than buying one any pics would be apreciated thanks for your help atb :thumbs:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just bring some sausage head that wanted a days ferreting with you that works for me

I also yoused to youse big safety pins ,, on a bit of webbing,, it's easy to push the point through the hock , can get 5 on each pin,, my mate Nobby of here made some home made pins even better than t

i am a rocket scientist and my son is a brain surgeon , yesterday when we were out with the ferrets we invented this piece of high tech kit to carry rabbits with,

Posted Images

I have made one and its really easy and quick! You just need a good length of string that's strong enough to hold the rabbits then measure out an arms length, repeat this length 6 times so you have it all looped between your hands. Now electrical tap approximately 20 cm from one end, hang these loops on a peg and plait the string until 20 cm from the other end and cable tie again.

That can hold 12 rabbits, and as long as you use strong string and cable tie well then it will last well. If your a strong man do more loops and it will hold more, weaklings do less loops and it holds less! I will see if I can find a link to a picture.

001_zps4c102d0a.jpg

Not hand made, bought from Master Hunter Nets £7.

Its made of 3/4 nylon webbing with leather shoulder pad, and swivel snap catches.

I like it, very well made, easy to use, leg the rabbits and pass the strap through and click the catch to the ring.

Will carry up to 20 Rabbits.

I have a leather one which holds 18 rabbits, superb bit of kit wish I could find another.

As for home made I have seen plenty of the plated ones and they look pretty good.

Most importnt thing to me is they dont make any noise and are not bulky to carry around, like those god awful ones made from metal, I hate them.

To be honest I like to youse a dog lead Made from that 1 inch flat nylon,, the short ones,, I put 3 or 4 in my pocke, they easily hold a dozen. I just leg the bunny, and clip the clip round the loop ... Can't explain in words,,, but I think you get me drift

I also yoused to youse big safety pins ,, on a bit of webbing,, it's easy to push the point through the hock , can get 5 on each pin,, my mate Nobby of here made some home made pins even better than the ones I had from work.

Here's a few pics of strong stuffs carrier,, this was a prototype I got him to make,, it actually a little bit to long,,, and his since shortened them , but this one great for carrying a lot of rabbits,, especially if you use it like in the pics ,, as a yolk, rather than just hanging of one shoulder

DSCF0319.jpg

DSCF0317.jpg

DSCF0318.jpg

Edited by TOMO
  • Like 1

i am a rocket scientist and my son iSAM_0255_zps9be32790.jpgs a brain surgeon , yesterday when we were out with the ferrets we invented this piece of high tech kit to carry rabbits with,

Ha ha, very good, any old bit of twine, string or rope will do, but a rabbit carrier has to be comfortable, i like the leather pad on mine, carry a few rabbits, and your twine etc, will cut into your shoulder.

You can save money, with them, but mine cost the same as a roughly a couple of pints.

handy thing to have, but also use my old post office bag.