SSSHHHH... dont let the cat out the bag

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:clapper: nice one mate. the sad thing is though, is that no tv crew were there to film it . and it will get un noticed.

im not saying you want to be in the spotlight so to speak. its just a shame that things like this that us hunters, pesters , and county folk take for granted are not shown in this light.

TOMO :)

Should he not be reported for suggesting that you shoot the cats?

Thought that was not only illegal but pretty much goes against the whole Prevention of Cruelty to Animals vibe.

Wouldn't it be good if that got into the wider domain, I can see the Headlines in the Red tops now... Cruel RSCPA officer suggests that fluffy baby kittens be shot.

Damn good read though, loved it.

/Mad

Should he not be reported for suggesting that you shoot the cats?

Thought that was not only illegal but pretty much goes against the whole Prevention of Cruelty to Animals vibe.

after looking into it a bit more, cats that have been dumped onto your land renders said cats your property (as i read it) now it is not an offence to shoot your cat being your property as long as it is done with out any cruelty involved. when you look at domestic cats against ferrel cats the ball game changes vastly. oh the world of laws is a mine field :icon_eek:

Edited by mole catcher
after looking into it a bit more, cats that have been dumped onto your land renders said cats your property (as i read it) now it is not an offence to shoot your cat being your property as long as it is done with out any cruelty involved. when you look at domestic cats against ferrel cats the ball game changes vastly. oh the world of laws is a mine field :icon_eek:

Leaving aside the legalities of shooting defenceless baby kittens. I think the press should know of this awful behaviour from the RSPCA officer and how the fate of those beautiful baby kittens was saved by the kindness and actions of a certain professional trapper and pest control (no names need be given).

It is not often we, as the hunting/shooting/fishing fraternity get the chance to name and shame someone from the RSPCA. The public should be told that those nice friendly people from the RSPCA are not the kind animal loving people they think they are.

Wouldn't take long to turn your story into an article, go back to the house where it took place and take a picture of the elderly lady (the press love old lady stories) looking sad and holding a kitten (doesn't have to be one of the same ones, any fluffy baby kitten will do).

Any editor worth his salt would jump at the chance of a ready made article and picture.

/Mad

sounds lovely to be able to stick one up the rspca but look a little bit closer to the bigger picture.

1, no matter how we try to bad press the rspca they will allways have the backing of the masses as we are, no matter how we dislike it the under dogs in this fight(the hunting side i meen)

2, i have to tread carefully how i am seen in the public eye. the job took place on a large shooting estate and i do a lot of work on there and wouldnt want to risk loosing this contract( mercenary i know but hay, im only looking after my wife and kids interests)

3, would what i have to say about the willful distruction of a few kittens make any differance when it is common knowledge that the rspca destroy over 30,000 dogs a year?

so sorry madcowz, nomatter how much it makes the public see the hipercrites that are the rspca for what they are, sadly im not the one to try and prove it to them. it has been tryed on many occasion and still the public see us hunters as the bad side.