So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

I feed all on tubs on a Sunday i am thinking one more feed then come September only water them if its dry stop the feeding ?. And also thinking cutting back a few of the leaves on the courgettes , pumpkin's and squashes try to help the fruits ripen the tomatoes in the greenhouse are nearly bare as i stripe the lower leaves to help ripen the fruit but the slugs got to the melon plants in the green house even with slug pellets down so there a washout 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

been down today but not sure if the pics will work

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

My corn on the cob has the pollen and kernels now every time i pass it i try to hand pollinate the kernels , Is it worth doing or a waste of time last year i only got tiny cobs 

17 minutes ago, The one said:

My corn on the cob has the pollen and kernels now every time i pass it i try to hand pollinate the kernels , Is it worth doing or a waste of time last year i only got tiny cobs 

My mate grows them in squares and just gives them a shake once they're ready as stated

• Like 1

Aye mine are in tubs i give them a shake but i didn't have any real big well pollinated cobs last year so i would like to give them every chance 

2 minutes ago, The one said:

Aye mine are in tubs i give them a shake but i didn't have any real big well pollinated cobs last year so i would like to give them every chance 

As Borr says to get the best cobs grow it blocks metre by a metre or more if possible. When the pollen is ready give them a tap with a cane as you go by each time they rely on the pollen falling on the hairs of the cobs. 

Cheers Arry