Who Buys Logs

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm lucky, I an arbourist ( tree surgeon ) and bring a transit load home most days. Use a lot my self but sell the rest for beer money and sort out my mates.

Im lucky only logs i have go down the toilet

and there normally seasoned overnight

Not bought any for a while as ive had a fair bit owed and worked for etc. & bought some low quality (stacked and uncovered for a bit to long 18 euros a m3)

BUT.....

Around my way, the normal price for a 1m3 is between E 45 upto E 55. This will be chesnut or oak or mixture maybe bit of other stuff mixed in. 2 year old seasoned split etc and the upper price it would be cut to the length you want, ie: 33cm or 50cm

Id use between 12 & 15 m3.

If you buy off the internet you can pay anywhere from 90-140 quid for seasoned hardwood. Defo not cost effective :(

I imagine if you live in rural areas you can get them for a fraction of the price.

Most people I know we're charging a 100-120 pound a ton seasoned hard wood delivered I've been lucky got 4 ton of standing hardwood left to cut been there 6 years now thanks to a farmer who said don't buy none clear that heap for me !