Car Insurance

Yeah it's crazy car insurance. Mine was £500 when I passed my test 6 years ago and I've never had an accident and its now £600 but if I get a new car it will rocket now women and men have been made equal. I hope when I turn 25 it will bring it down a bit more again allowing me to get a car that's less rusty!

They may of made it equal Pinguu..but i fear they will be putting the Women's prices up to match the more expensive bloke's quote's instead of brining the fellow's down to match the ladies.. :censored: ..and believe me when you hit 25 it won't come down much at all..they are just robbing barsteward's.. :yes:

i know I got a new quote for my current car and I'm glad I insured it when I did, I pay £600 but if I got the exact same policy today it would cost £1100!! Think ill get a tractor next time lol.

Im with Sheila's wheels too!

Play one against the other..tell them x quoted £££ then see if they'll better it..it pays to be a slithery bstard with them mate..also play around with the excess and mileage per year and such..one firm quoted me 500 notes last year..i shopped about and found a company tied in to that firm/group quoted me 200 notes less for the same cover. Slimy bstards they are so play em at their own game. :thumbs:

I stayed loyal to endsleigh for 5 years since i passed my test. When i came to insure an estate last april they wanted 200quid for 2 months left until renewal. I found a cheaper quote and could have insured both cars for the price endsleigh were asking.

I bit the bullet and ended my contract early losing a years no claims and went with admiral.

Looking on comparison websites admiral is no where near the top for my renewal and just bought a new car. They are all a ball park figure of 700-780 for the year for this car.

Think i will stick with them as the hassle of getting your no claims over to the new insurer isnt worth the few quid. They drag their heels.

The robbing baastards upped my insurance 22quid for moving house, 30quid for changing profession and 44 pound for this new car until the end of my policy in april....17.50 of the money increase in car is paperwork.....I HAVE INTERNET DOCUMENTS :laugh:

Yeh I've been driving 20 years got 3 years no claims (should be more but the f**kers take it away if you've had a gap) not had a point for over 15 years not had a crash for at least 12 or `13 years.

I have a 4x4 which hardly gets used and the cheaky gits charge me 500 a year and I have a massive excess to get the quote down.

Why do they charge more to insure a 4x4??

Yeh I've been driving 20 years got 3 years no claims (should be more but the f**kers take it away if you've had a gap) not had a point for over 15 years not had a crash for at least 12 or `13 years.

I have a 4x4 which hardly gets used and the cheaky gits charge me 500 a year and I have a massive excess to get the quote down.

Why do they charge more to insure a 4x4??

They do what they want. Told me they couldnt insure my wife because she was unemployed....told them to think carefully about what they was saying and they said they had made a mistake in the quote.

Edited by Blue Pocket Rocket

It seems like another green tax in many ways...I could get very cheap insurance if I drove a 1 litre engine car...but how is that going to stop me having an accident. If you are going to crash you'll do it in any car regardless of the engine size.

ANyway my 4.6 4X4 is slower than most small cars with 1.3 or 1.6 engines

:hmm: :hmm:

I have just tried another quote but this time i went fully comprehensive instead of 3rd party fire and theft and it dropped from £520 to £430.. :blink:

Mine was like that always cheaper fully comp. backwards eh!

They reckon if you go fully comp you will be more responsible hence the cheaper insurance. My wifes went up loads because she became a full time student for the last year of her degree. She tried to explain that she wasn't some young kid but a 41 year old mother of 3 whose been driving years but it made no difference. :censored:

I have just tried another quote but this time i went fully comprehensive instead of 3rd party fire and theft and it dropped from £520 to £430.. :blink:

try dial direct, car in a garage, named driver, full time employment ect, got my van down to £172 tpft