Great Start With My First Hound

Well lad nice looking hounds there, what part of Ireland did ya get them from, no specifics now just Northern or Southern counties.They look like they are Northern bred to my eye. Hate to break it to ya but the Irish Harrier is notoriously head strong even for a hound. The mounted packs around here won't keep them because they think they are two heedless to suit there style of hunting. Ourselves we actually try to breed them that way as we want them to be as game as possible and would have no respect for a hound that would lift his head from a hunt to go to a call. Funny thing is I have seen over the years that when a hound is hunted long enough at foxes he will start to run to a shot especially if you let him rag the dead fox. Try and see if ya can get the black dog to do this. Coverdogs, That was the West Ulster Hound show at Topped Mountain was at it many the time.

it was an hour and half from dubln and im sure it was north...well i had some goodluck 2 day had 2 fox to ground with terrier and when we shot the first 1 which was a dog, and we let the vixen run..when the terrier was having a rag the hound bitch started having rag aswell, thats a big diffrence she has done scinse last week she didnt want to look at he fox we got in the pic.. CWN-HELA