Sorry I am looking at shotguns I mainly need info on the rules of shooting different types of land, I know that to shoot private land you need the owners permission but surely all land belongs to somebody how do I know if the land I want to shoot isn't going to get me into trouble thanks

Guest thebigdog

knock on doors and ask for permission in the area you want to shoot. once you have permission apply for sgc. as for gun id go for 12g as carts are cheaper than other gauge carts and more readily available.

Hi cordon if you intend to ring round local farmers to ask for shooting my advice is dont bother & save the the cost of the phone calls No farmer in his right mind would give someone on the phone permission to shoot his land,having never met them,if i were you ,and i have been where your at,clay pigeon club , to learn gun safety & the basics of shooting ,SGC, get involved with local shoot ,beating,work party,any thing that gets you mixing with people that do what you aspire to do i.e field sports.

When you learned the basics & then want to try to get your own shooting go face to face,dont go camo -ed up ,dress sensible,be polite & be prepared for knock backs,there are more people trying to get there own shooting than you can belive,

Like every thing you do there has to be GIVE & take,the more you give the better your chances,.........Dont give up either .good luck

• Like 1