well the mrs wants to hunt

hi guys,

well as the title says, my lass wanted to come out this evening to try out my new hornet. so picture this, once she told me she wanted to come i instucted her on what to do with the lamp, she said she understood,we both got dressed into our warm gear, i then explained again what to do, she said she understood, i got my rifle out, explained again lol, by this time she was annoyed so i figured she must have got it, we went out to my perm..............................and then it was like blackpool iluminations, lamp going back and forth whilst she was giggling 'wow look there goes another one!!!' and asking 'why havent you fired?' hahahah the rabbits were so confused it was like the aliens had come to take them away.

needless to say she didnt understand and wont be going again lol, took me longer to get dressed then it did to go out and back lol

oh well eh, anyone else got similar stories?

tony

Edited by weekend.rifle
  • Like 5

My lass has been banned from ever touching any of my rifles ever again after dropping one into the mud and doing a fecking fine job of a soldiers cross with it's barrel buried 4 inches into the ground !!! :censored:

Strong words were exchanged that day lads.

• Like 4

My missis has held the lamp for me for a few fox's,even been out with the little whippet x lamping she's not a bad hand, her first shot at live game with a 243 was a roe buck 150 yds,and dropped it,so I cant complain but she has a dickie fit if a rat turns up,all rational gone in an instant

• Like 1

It's a well known fact that women's brains are genetically programmed to think of things like kittens and clouds. Anything electrical (apart from domestic appliances) is simply too much for them to grasp, so lamps should be kept well out of their reach. Same goes for guns obviously. :laugh:

• Like 6

well our first little drama was when she moved my rifle from its correct place (the bedroom :icon_redface: ) and put it in the garage, i got back from six weeks away to find that it was gone, fearing the worst i raced to her work and demanded she told me where she sold it, upon which she casually said that she didnt want it in the house as she was worried she would ned up getting hurt!!! i mean if she didnt want to get hurt surely she would keep off my lovely toys :nono:

• Like 1

well, I must be the lucky one, although she is a Yorkshire lass, lamping in the 4x4, she's my picker upper, she's happy to run across muddy fields to pick up rabbits, give their neck an extra tug if need be, she'll happily stuff her pockets with apples if on magwitches permission,

see i now feel bad, as usually she will stand there while i gut my kills and hold the torch for me, also i had to leave this morn early to get ready for exercise in bavaria, and had forgotten about some snares i had set, not only did she go out in the snow to get them for me, but also collected all the dead ones......she did free a live one tho, but ill get him next time. mines also a yorkshire lass, but i havent got her savage enough to kill yet lol

she's best left at home watching the soaps.

Dont get the female facination with the soaps :hmm:

Trying to understand this phenomina; I decided to study it so I watched them for a whole hour last week!

Sat on the bog patiently, but they never did sod all, just sat there in their little dish :hmm:

Women eh?

Tony

• Like 1