what breed would you say transformed the terrier world ??

its does surely tuffty and all you can do is breed the best you have to the best you have you could have a litter and one could be the perfect type up close sounding mixing and able to step up a gear and hold once pressure goes on then another could be hard as nails fill his mouth and take what ever comes his way its a lottery plus you could have an out an out sounder that will take no jip but when faced with fiesty quarry will be off no use and then you ll have some that will be of no use what so ever but the prob is now a days some lads would by pass the first dog and go for the mute hard as nails dog which in hind sight will prob put less quarry on the bank as the out an out sounder due to lay ups for me the first dog is the one that everybody should want in there kennells !

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i think the locator shaped the terriermen of today more so than the terriers most terriers will go to ground and work weather they ve a locator or not on but how many of todays terriermen could dig to

Compaired to when ? Are dogs harder grafting then when brock was legal ? most of todays hard dogs would be dead in there first encounter ! Dogs of yesterday needed Brains not just blind courage.

It was never needed in decent working jukels,a quick fix that produces more for the wheelie bin than a working kennel.

Posted Images

Dee Mac, I have a rule of thumb that I wont keep or use terriers I cant dig to without a locator on, another old saying, theres a lot of dogs you can dig on but very few proper digging dogs ( I think you're 1 of the few who'll know what that means) ;)

Dee Mac, I have a rule of thumb that I wont keep or use terriers I cant dig to without a locator on, another old saying, theres a lot of dogs you can dig on but very few proper digging dogs ( I think you're 1 of the few who'll know what that means) ;)

Turkey,

Everyone has different standards and ideas of a proper digging dog.

If everyone had the same there would be no room for improvement and nothing to discuss.

Just my opinion.

TUFFTY

yes tuffty your right and i will keep a dog as long as it stays till dug reguardless of its style but what i prefare and class as the perfect dog for me is the type that turkey and myself have described and everytime i enter one of the harder dogs i always say to myself maybe today is the day the penny drops and they settle and use there voice most days im disappointed as they just do what they do but only this morning a young second season dog who had a stiff dig in his usual style last week sang his heart out and only pushed in as break through was coming close to say i was in good form was an understatement i was delighted

• Like 1

yes tuffty your right and i will keep a dog as long as it stays till dug reguardless of its style but what i prefare and class as the perfect dog for me is the type that turkey and myself have described and everytime i enter one of the harder dogs i always say to myself maybe today is the day the penny drops and they settle and use there voice most days im disappointed as they just do what they do but only this morning a young second season dog who had a stiff dig in his usual style last week sang his heart out and only pushed in as break through was coming close to say i was in good form was an understatement i was delighted

Thats good news for you matey :thumbs:

TUFFTY

Turkey,

If everyone had the same there would be no room for improvement and nothing to discuss.

Just my opinion.

TUFFTY

Tuffty, I hope you can excuse my bluntness but thats bollocks

Turkey,

Just my opinion.

TUFFTY

Tuffty, I hope you can excuse my bluntness but thats bollocks

As i stated Turkey,

Thats MY opinion

And thats your opinion.

If everyone had the same opinion there wouldnt be anything to discuss.

TUFFTY

• Like 1

tuffty i dont think standards come into it a digging dog is just that stays till dug thats the main thing its there style of work that men discuss compare and differ over but to me and most men who measure a dog by the amount of work and time to ground it does the hard mute dog is always going to be second best to the steady mixing type that does job with mimimum of fuss but also can step up and be the hard dog when the need arises this type of dog is the proper digging dog end of no arguements but there s men who prefare the hard mute type why i dont know but each to there own :thumbs:

• Like 1

tuffty i dont think standards come into it a digging dog is just that stays till dug thats the main thing its there style of work that men discuss compare and differ over but to me and most men who measure a dog by the amount of work and time to ground it does the hard mute dog is always going to be second best to the steady mixing type that does job with mimimum of fuss but also can step up and be the hard dog when the need arises this type of dog is the proper digging dog end of no arguements but there s men who prefare the hard mute type why i dont know but each to there own :thumbs:

You say men who prefer the hard mute type,

so isnt that different standards.

TUFFTY

not really they still have to stay till dug reguardless the standard is measure on how efficent there are at achieveing it i think ! take two brick layers ones is tidy cleans up every day after he s finished is particular about his work and takes a bit longer to get it finished than say the second lad who just bulls on gets it up but then has to spend a day or two scraping semi hard cement of the floor as he wanted to get it up and finished as quick as he could now plasterer comes along and covers over the work both men have done and it all looks the same but which lad was the better trades man or in our case of a better standard ?

A better STANDARD of trades man.

If the bloke at work isnt up to the standard required hes gone.

So everyone has different standards

So its standards.

TUFFTY

Edited by TUFFTY
  • Like 1

your not looking at it the way i meant people will hire the second lad because they think he s quicker but in hindsight by time he cleans up and plasterer has straightened the walls he fired up in a hurry he s actually been less efficent than the lad that took his time and cleaned up and left the walls nice and straight in turn leaving the plasterer with less to do so making him finish that little bit quicker its the people that hire s the said brickies who decide on the standard they want ie the owners of said dogs who decide what standard they want some settle for anything that does the job some aim for the one that do the job right some even have both in there kennells but always hope that the rash brickie one day works like the steady one! I think i ve explained in a sort of round about way but everyone has there own take as you say tuffty :laugh: