Muntjac deer,...

Back in the good old days when Muntys were a legal; quarry i once had my dog stabbed in the shoulder by a rogue buck :icon_eek: Luckily the damage was not that bad and healed within a week or two. My quesion is, has anyone had bad experiences when hunting muntys... :angel: cheers JD

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WILF

The makings of an interesting thread JD :thumbs: ............to hijak the thread a little I will add this question also..........has anyone noticed that when near cover they will just try and creep past you rather than run.....wont run unless "made to" :thumbs:

Guest nitevision

if i was hiding in a hedge with some gimplet stalking me i think i would have to make a run for it,you wouldnt need to make me break cover,id want to get away from that nose :icon_eek::icon_eek:

I`VE HAD OVER 200 IN THE LAST 3 SEASONS AND ONLY BEEN TUSKED ONCE MYSELF IN THE ARM NEVER THE DOGS....sOMETIMES HAVING DOUBLE FIGURES IN ONE WEEK THEY ARE ALWAYS VERY AGGRESIVE AND HARD TO HANDLE UNLIKE THE ROE BUT NEVER HAS A DOG SUFFERED SERIOUS DAMAGE THE ODD SCRAPE BUT NOT AN INJURY AS SUCH :D:D

Guest joe ox
I`VE HAD OVER 200 IN THE LAST 3 SEASONS AND ONLY BEEN TUSKED ONCE MYSELF IN THE ARM NEVER THE DOGS....sOMETIMES HAVING DOUBLE FIGURES IN ONE WEEK THEY ARE ALWAYS VERY AGGRESIVE AND HARD TO HANDLE UNLIKE THE ROE BUT NEVER HAS A DOG SUFFERED SERIOUS DAMAGE THE ODD SCRAPE BUT NOT AN INJURY AS SUCH :D:D

200 and double figures in a week :clapper: There must be some stock of muntjac where you are, ive only ever seen 1 wild'n round here there was a few caught about 25 mile away from me a few year ago around sedgefield race course but rumour was they escapee's from some rich folks garden!

I've seen pics on another forum of a lurcher who was nearly ripped in half by a muntjac - he had terrible injuries, loads and loads of stitches and drains etc. He was giving chase quite by accident I believe.

Never seen or even heard of muntjac till I came to the UK but they sound like wicked little blighters.

Guest shaheen
I've seen pics on another forum of a lurcher who was nearly ripped in half by a muntjac - he had terrible injuries, loads and loads of stitches and drains etc. He was giving chase quite by accident I believe.

Never seen or even heard of muntjac till I came to the UK but they sound like wicked little blighters.

Was that of the International Falconry Forum? (the pic of the blue/grey lurcher's side?)

Never had dealings with Muntjac here in Scotland but my whippet got savaged by a rabbit on Friday :icon_eek:

She caught the rabbit and the blighter sunk its teeth right into her toe, it has swollen to 3x's it's size and have just had to give antibiotics!

INan my oldest lurcher has been on three muntys,and got spiked by the second ,a particularly frisky buck,this was on a friends permission as they are not around these parts ,kent].strangely the dog seemed to know instinctively to go for the throat hold,preban of course.