Bit of a change

Alrite lads, i have just got my self a harrier x few weeks ago she only 13months, she knows what her nose is for because when she got up close to a rabbit she opened up a bit with a few yaps, after walking end of cover i had seen what she was doing and packed up... I went out again yesturday on a small cover that hold fox and rabbits she hunted up on scent which was rabbits so pulled her off, when i got near the end of cover she changed gear and got on to scent which i wasnt sure if it was fox or rabbit any way she started to yap a few time, as im looking over the cover from a high spot i dont see out, so i go down to an old road and could smell fox so get on the radio and tell guns to watch out, by this time the bitch is on scent but not opening up, then hear gun go off, so i let bitch hunt up, when she came back after a few min i went round to where the gun went off and he had misses been to far, i got the bitch back on scent but by this time it had broken out across an old quarry and long gone... So my question is do i need to run her with experianced hound oh will she come good if i keep running her by her self, and wat age will she start opening up propely on scent?? And its fox i want to try and keep her on!!Thanks CWN-HELA

she will hunt anything on her own,if she was with experienced hounds(fox only) from the start then she would most likely hunt only fox,but because she has been allowed to hunt rabbitts you might find it hard to stop her,good luck with that,wf

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: