Out with the Weihrauch HW97KT and the Barnett Diablo catapult

zini

Hi there lads,

In this episode of VerminHuntersTV I take my Weihrauch HW97KT out for a morning of proof shooting and testing my new calibration data on my scope caps after weighing, washing and lubing a tin of 15.4 grain H & N FTT pellets, followed by some pigeon shooting on one of my permissions for the land owner.

Then in the afternoon I decide to film something new for the channel and go with my fiancee and our dogs to another location to practice with my old Barnett Diablo catapult, shooting a few targets with .38 steel balls.

Enjoy

Si.

• Like 3

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi there lads,   In this episode of VerminHuntersTV I take my Weihrauch HW97KT out for a morning of proof shooting and testing my new calibration data on my scope caps after weighing, washing and lu

Great video Si. I used to have one of these catapults back in the school days. They were incredibly powerful and I used to get up to all sorts of mischief smashing milk bottles and anything I could ge

Looks a nice beast that Daz.   Something you would use if in a Klingon death match.   Si.

Posted Images

Great video Si. I used to have one of these catapults back in the school days. They were incredibly powerful and I used to get up to all sorts of mischief smashing milk bottles and anything I could get my hands on. From memory there used to be The 'Black Widow', 'Cobra' and 'Barnett Diablo.'

On my Diablo the rubber straps used to develop small holes where it attached to the frame which was a sure sign that replacements were needed! It did get some hammer though to be fair!

• Like 2

Si your a bloody animal! Is there anything you can't master that shoots projectiles!!!

Top quality shooting buddy as always!

Really enjoyed that vid along with all the others, keep up the awesome work pal!

Phil

Thanks Phil buddy,

I think I was lucky with the 3 shots hitting straight after each other today.

I haven't really practiced since Bosnia with it, but I used to be very handy with it.

I've taken many a feral and magpie with it at 10 to 15 metres with my better shots being at 20 to 25 metres.

I'm going to practice with it more over the Winter ready for the Hunting Life Meet in June where we will be having a catapult shooting comp.

Si.

Great video Si. I used to have one of these catapults back in the school days. They were incredibly powerful and I used to get up to all sorts of mischief smashing milk bottles and anything I could get my hands on. From memory there used to be The 'Black Widow', 'Cobra' and 'Barnett Diablo.'

On my Diablo the rubber straps used to develop small holes where it attached to the frame which was a sure sign that replacements were needed! It did get some hammer though to be fair!

Yes Elliott,

I used to be a naughty boy to when i was younger lad.

Glass bottles were just too much of a temptation :icon_redface: .

Si.

Good Shooting Si ;)

Just treated My self to a New Catapult about 2 weeks ago :laugh:

But well out of Practice haven't shot one since i was a Kid, We Use to Rat around the Farms

and My ammo of choice was smooth pebbles or Marbles, Absolutely deadly up to 25 yards :D

Here's a Pic of the New Sling shot but need to practice has i've all ready smacked the back of My Hand allready :unsure::no:

post-52570-0-67413000-1355700020.jpeg

atvb Daz 7.

si, if thats the original rubber change it lol....oooo it dunt harf tang when it twangs yu face!! i stopped using them years back when both went at the same time and clipped me right in the lug 'ole.. (i suspect a visitor for both to go..the type that meddles with yu kit).

good vid as usual ty.

fab vid and shooting as usual by yourself my friend,now please don,t take this in the wrong way but at the start of the vid/dvd you checked your zero with an hedge as a back stop, RULE number 1 never fire into or through any hedgeway no matter calibre rifle/ air rifle/or shotgun as i said please don,t take this the wrong way as i know there are younger members, as well as older who want to learn how to shoot correctly etc. Hey on the good side what i have seen and read on this site about this guy is he is the if not the one of the best if not the best his shooting is awesome many thanks Darren (topshot61)