dog price's

It makes me laugh when people complain about paying £200 - £250 for a Lurcher pup ! It would cost four times that for a pup from some off these pedigree litters ! When I paid £10 - £25 for a pup back in the 60's or 70's, it was a bigger percentage of my wages than what a pup costs now !! Lurchers and Terriers are probably the cheapest types of dog you can buy, and treated correctly, they will give years of work.

Tomo, surely you know enough people in the game to see you right for a decent Terier ?

Cheers.

good homes mean more than money can buy and good friends like to GIVE them away for free , knowing that they will be looked after and worked to there potential and not just that ..........they can see them work for there self .....................

obviously it wont be like that for everyone ,............

• Like 1

I no a bloke who's breeding , cockerpoos ? And he says he can't sell them quick enough , one wife drove all the way up from London , and said that they were going for double foe what he was selling them at , another bloke bought the last 3 took the lot no bother , but that's the thing if these mugs what to part with there cash Thers al ways some one going to take it , ..... I've seen one of these work as well as the bike uses his cocker bitches on a shoot I go on and this cockerpoo grafts the cover like a goodn

just a question thou, if you have a litter of pups say borders £350 - £450 / cockers £450 - £650 / russels £175 - £250, and your bitch has 6 pups you keep 1 for yourself and alot talk about gifting to mates so say your left with 3 pups do you sell them at a working mans price or do you follow the flock and sell at the going price??

personaly i would follow the flock and sell them at the going rate because once you drop them to a price that any tom, dick & harry can afford them, then thats when you have the market flooded with them.

Anyway why should yours be worth any less than someone elses??

Yep I'm looking for a terrier pup,,, border type,, or a cross with lakie, but even some litters of them are fetching big money, mind the mrs wants a pure border,,, so I might just have to put my hand in my pocket. :(

pm vixen her friends just had a litter of borders dont think they would want silly money worth a try :thumbs:

They are all gone :)

just a question thou, if you have a litter of pups say borders £350 - £450 / cockers £450 - £650 / russels £175 - £250, and your bitch has 6 pups you keep 1 for yourself and alot talk about gifting to mates so say your left with 3 pups do you sell them at a working mans price or do you follow the flock and sell at the going price??

personaly i would follow the flock and sell them at the going rate because once you drop them to a price that any tom, dick & harry can afford them, then thats when you have the market flooded with them.

Anyway why should yours be worth any less than someone elses??

Well I'd never breed a litter unless I knew atleast half the litter had good homes waiting and the rest of the pups I'd sell at fair prices and state working homes only, and try pick a suitable home for them :thumbs:

• Like 1