Frosty mornings?

Sirius

Personally there no good to me..

I dont enjoy ferreting with out a dog and its solid here..

So I just have a lie in and hope the sun can penatrate the iron like ground by mid afternnoon so I can at least have a walk and a skuttle up on something..

If its just a light sprinkling of frost first mm or so its fine but not better than if it was 6 degrees IMHO..

• Like 1

I know its sounds nice and generally is fairly Puurrrty to look at. But when the grounds frozen i sure think it makes things more noisy to the rabbits sat below ground. And like others have said not great for get net pegs in and dogs tootsies.

Saying that I would prefer a mild frost which clears to a still sunny winters day. :thumbs:

Edited by Sirius
  • Like 1

If yer can make a mark in the frosty ground with the heel of your boot and there is no wind then its just about perfect.

The dogs can hear most of whats going on around the set

Must admit had some very productive outings in these sort of conditions

Frosty or not its all good in my book when it comes to ferreting all conditions have there good and bad points with all but the heaviest of rain putting me off.The cold is good for killing the heavy cover back,also most rabbits will be below ground(as has been said) and if your out with out the dogs sometimes you can see well used warrens with the tracks the rabbits have made in frost/snow and the heat has kept the heavy frost or snow from holes compared to an empty burrow.I bring the dogs on frosty days unless its been freezing for a week or more, if they go laim what will be will be have been lucky so far.