New years day hunts Edinburgh, lothians & Borders.

RossM

Having a quiet new year this year and was thinking about following a hunt on new years day, haven't been to a hunt in years infact the last one I was at was biggar years ago where if the fox got past or was injured by the waiting guns there was always a lurcher handy, I know that times have changed but can you still take a dog? Do you have to be invited or what? Cheers.

Lauderdale is a good one and it is not to far from you mate.

mind winning this probably close to 20 year ago, Do they still do the working dog show?

20121210_200516.jpg

Do you just turn up? Where do you get locations & dates?

Depends how far you're wanting to travel/ if you've got transport, Lauderdale, Buccleuth will be good meets on New Years day or Fife might be as close from West Lothian. As for having a dog with you if you're following one of the mounted packs prob not the best idea to show up for the first time with a runner lol. If it's the foot pack you followed in Biggar then no harm in asking you never know you might get to flush one to the guns.

If you want meets for some of the packs I've mentioned Pm me.

• Like 1

Depends how far you're wanting to travel/ if you've got transport, Lauderdale, Buccleuth will be good meets on New Years day or Fife might be as close from West Lothian. As for having a dog with you if you're following one of the mounted packs prob not the best idea to show up for the first time with a runner lol. If it's the foot pack you followed in Biggar then no harm in asking you never know you might get to flush one to the guns.

If you want meets for some of the packs I've mentioned Pm me.

Cheers mate, pm sent :thumbs: