Best action shot camera?

Thanks for the replies guys :thumbs: so a good quality lense is more important than the quality of the camera itself when it comes to the action? (although both are obviously important) Didn't think this would be so complicated yet i find myself more and more interested the more i learn lol

I think so yes , have a read of this :thumbs: .. it will give you some ideas what to look for

http://digital-photo...-is-a-fast-lens

good link that

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you sure about that? I've taken plenty of out of focus action shots....like.,..plenty.   It's not the camera body, it's the lens. I use a canon 300 ml f2.8. It's heavy and after a full day runni

I use a canon but have noticed that alot of top wildlife photographers are nikon lads .always interesting to see what gear there using

7D.

Posted Images

Thanks for the replies guys :thumbs: so a good quality lense is more important than the quality of the camera itself when it comes to the action? (although both are obviously important) Didn't think this would be so complicated yet i find myself more and more interested the more i learn lol

I think so yes , have a read of this :thumbs: .. it will give you some ideas what to look for

http://digital-photography-school.com/what-is-a-fast-lens

Hi Kay , I also am new to photography and like forest gump want to take action shots of my lurchers working,

I have NIKON D3100, what sort of price range would a decent lense cost?

Thanks chis

Without question a Canon EOSd camera is the best. There are many reasons for saying that.

The auto focus facility will not allow the operator to trigger the shutter until it (the focus) is perfectly formed. the brand lens are superb and the camera is easy to operate.

I could go on but I will desist.

Don't buy cheap as in the long run it will cost you dear.

Euilleam

• Like 1

I had a Canon 500D when I first got into photography and that was fine, I got some good action shots with it and a Tamron 18-270mm.

I now have a Canon 7D and it is awsome but you need to know how to use it as the auto mode is not worth bothering with due not being able to select focus points. High frames per sec is good until you have to sift through them which is why I rarely use the highest setting but it does sound great when I do.

Lens wise you will need something long ie 70-200mm or even up to 300mm for dogs as they don't tend to run close to you often. Buy the best lens you can afford, a good lens is not cheap but worth it in the long run.

As for the D300 it is good but also older (2007), best to go to a camera shop and see what feels good in the hand and how they function. I could not get on with Nikon when I tried them.

• Like 1

Without question a Canon EOSd camera is the best. There are many reasons for saying that.

The auto focus facility will not allow the operator to trigger the shutter until it (the focus) is perfectly formed. the brand lens are superb and the camera is easy to operate.

I could go on but I will desist.

Don't buy cheap as in the long run it will cost you dear.

Euilleam

I use a canon but have noticed that alot of top wildlife photographers are nikon lads .always interesting to see what gear there using :thumbs:

• Like 2

The auto focus facility will not allow the operator to trigger the shutter until it (the focus) is perfectly formed.

Euilleam

Are you sure about that? I've taken plenty of out of focus action shots....like.,..plenty.

It's not the camera body, it's the lens. I use a canon 300 ml f2.8. It's heavy and after a full day running across fields with it you really know, but i get the results i want. I've devoted my life to taking action shots and it ain't as easy as some think. You get lots of disapointments but, occasionally, a real gem shows up....JD

• Like 3

The auto focus facility will not allow the operator to trigger the shutter until it (the focus) is perfectly formed.

Euilleam

Are you sure about that? I've taken plenty of out of focus action shots....like.,..plenty.

It's not the camera body, it's the lens. I use a canon 300 ml f2.8. It's heavy and after a full day running across fields with it you really know, but i get the results i want. I've devoted my life to taking action shots and it ain't as easy as some think. You get lots of disapointments but, occasionally, a real gem shows up....JD

sure does :laugh:

post-896-0-12758700-1355601172_thumb.jpg

There are some good nikons on ebay and preloved, saw some good deals with good lens included in the last few weeks. It does not bother me buying second hand, I got a second hand d300 with 18-200 vr lens and lowepro bag for £500. The guy had bought it new and it had taken less than 5000 shots. Just starting to get used to the camera, i bought a good dvd from blue crane videos that has helped me a lot.

• Like 1

a fast shutter speed will stop the action without blurring however the faster the shutter speed and longer the lense is the less light there will be so the iso will need to be adjusted dependent on the natural light available , best to try to get the fastest shutter speed you can get for the lense your using in normal daylight and stick with that. welcome to club fuzzy :thumbs:

509570_zps4650924f.jpg

Been a proud member of club fuzzy for a number of years now :laugh:

• Like 1