Best action shot camera?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you sure about that? I've taken plenty of out of focus action shots....like.,..plenty.   It's not the camera body, it's the lens. I use a canon 300 ml f2.8. It's heavy and after a full day runni

I use a canon but have noticed that alot of top wildlife photographers are nikon lads .always interesting to see what gear there using

7D.

Posted Images

a fast shutter speed will stop the action without blurring however the faster the shutter speed and longer the lense is the less light there will be so the iso will need to be adjusted dependent on the natural light available , best to try to get the fastest shutter speed you can get for the lense your using in normal daylight and stick with that. welcome to club fuzzy :thumbs:

The quality of the lens has a lot to do with it as does light ,i know the prime lens i have which is 50mm is like shit of a shovel . but its a bugger to focus so i miss more shots than i take :laugh:

having said that i did manage to get housemartins in flight with a 55 / 250 lens at 3 frames a second....

• Like 2

The quality of the lens has a lot to do with it as does light ,i know the prime lens i have which is 50mm is like shit of a shovel . but its a bugger to focus so i miss more shots than i take :laugh:

having said that i did manage to get housemartins in flight with a 55 / 250 lens at 3 frames a second....

i managed a swollow but i did cheat a bit :laugh:

post-896-0-20085900-1355136123_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys :thumbs: so a good quality lense is more important than the quality of the camera itself when it comes to the action? (although both are obviously important) Didn't think this would be so complicated yet i find myself more and more interested the more i learn lol

Thanks for the replies guys :thumbs: so a good quality lense is more important than the quality of the camera itself when it comes to the action? (although both are obviously important) Didn't think this would be so complicated yet i find myself more and more interested the more i learn lol

I think so yes , have a read of this :thumbs: .. it will give you some ideas what to look for

http://digital-photography-school.com/what-is-a-fast-lens

• Like 1

bloody hell is it stuffed :laugh:

bloody hell is it stuffed :laugh:

it is now :laugh:

The D300 is a quality camera :thumbs:

• Like 1

Frames per second is an important feature for consistent action shots..

Running dogs are fairly easy to capture..

For some :whistling::laugh:

Cheers, D.

Well I will change what I said...Running dogs are REALLY EASY.. :laugh:

Agree also with the above, D300 is a great camera..

• Like 1

Frames per second is an important feature for consistent action shots..

Running dogs are fairly easy to capture..

For some :whistling::laugh:

Cheers, D.

Well I will change what I said...Running dogs are REALLY EASY.. :laugh:

Agree also with the above, D300 is a great camera..

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Not in my world :whistling::cray:

Cheers, D.