Young hearts run free......

Does anyone remember playing piggyback fights.... :hmm:

It was a great laugh mate! trouble is some lads seemed to enjoy being on your back more than others :whistling:.

What about Marbles!! anyone used to play Marbles?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Macnas

Putting water in the wellingtons, not filling them mind, just enough to fill the ends so they'd have the foot right in before they realised it.

At the end of the 70's and into the 80's, telly in Ireland began to show more than Mart & Market cattle and stock price reports (50 pounds and 3 pounds a kilo anyone?), mass on sunday and the angelus every day.

Cop and detective shows like Columbo, with Peter Falk,

Ironside, the wheelchair bound detective, with Raymond Burr,

The Rockford Files with James Gardner,

Kojak with Telly Savalas,

Mannix with Mike Conners,

the Magician, with Bill Bixby, before he started splitting his pants and roaring at everyone,

The Streets of Sanfrancisco with Michael Douglas and Karl Malden.

Quincy M.E., with Jack Klugman, the CSI of it's day.

Drama shows like The Onedin Line, the show about a ship, what the hell was that all about eh? nice music to it though,

The Brothers, that haulier company show where the most interesting thing happening was the filing cabinet doors getting stuck.

The Sullivans, a show from australia that taught us the Aussies knew just as much about boring the arse of people as anyone else did,

The Waltons, a show about inbred hillbillies dishing out homespun philosophy on subjects like love, war and the dead possum in the swimmin' hole.

Little House on the prairie, where you kept hoping the Ingolds family would be massacred by apaches,

Upstairs, Downstairs, a show about drinking tea and a jumped up scottish butler winding the clock.

There's a bunch of others, but my brain hurts from trying to remember them.

Heres one for anybody over 30 :clapper:

Darcy those were special "piggyback" fights you used to have.................

great link......

how about battle of the planets...now that was the fricking daddy :whistling::yes:

Guest oldskool

fall guy was a goodun but airwolf was some show... what about the equiliser??? i think its on bravo or maybe uk gold...

used to knock doors, steal apples (even though we had our own, stolen ones just tasted better) and find old sheds to break windows... never had a fancy bmx but had one of those ones that breaked when you peddled backwards... they were some job until the chain came off, then you were f****d!!! show me yours and i'll show you mine in primary school... :laugh: she never showed me hers, lying bitch :laugh:

used to hang over edge of bridge mate would pretend to be struggling to hold.there was a hidden ledge covered with ivy.cars going by would screech to a halt,w'ed leg it.drivers would go mad.good beaten from the auld fella one day when he was passenger in one of the cars.put stop to it.good craic thou at the time.