Bloody snakes !!!

Just been informed one of my bloodhounds past away over the weekend on his first hunt in northern New South Wales on the pigs ,apparently he was going great guns with 6 pigs down and a great start to his new pig chasing career as he was on large side to hound hunt sambar , at 2 years of age a king brown took him and finished him off within a short amout of time ,I know many guys see there hounds as tools of the trade but I gotta say I treat my hounds like my family and only want the best for them . Totally gutted such a young dog with all the potential taken like so many other hounds at the feet of snake ,I hate the buggers even more now

Treasure your dogs as they are your life buddies

If its not snakes its easily something else just when your not expecting it

RIP coight

• Like 5

Just been informed one of my bloodhounds past away over the weekend on his first hunt in northern New South Wales on the pigs ,apparently he was going great guns with 6 pigs down and a great start to his new pig chasing career as he was on large side to hound hunt sambar , at 2 years of age a king brown took him and finished him off within a short amout of time ,I know many guys see there hounds as tools of the trade but I gotta say I treat my hounds like my family and only want the best for them . Totally gutted such a young dog with all the potential taken like so many other hounds at the feet of snake ,I hate the buggers even more now

RIP coight

bad luck mate, read on a other Oz site where they loose dogs to snakes. I know if you dont see the snake(bite ) the dog , the dog got no chance as you only got amount of time to save the dog . But if you saw the snake hit the dog, and you had a (Anti- Venom) on you , you might save the dog! , do you lads carry any (anti-venom) on you .? as seen on the telly+ vids where countrys with large amount do this to save lives+ animals from snake bites .!!

RIP coight

bad luck mate, read on a other Oz site where they loose dogs to snakes. I know if you dont see the snake(bite ) the dog , the dog got no chance as you only got amount of time to save the dog . But if you saw the snake hit the dog, and you had a (Anti- Venom) on you , you might save the dog! , do you lads carry any (anti-venom) on you .? as seen on the telly+ vids where countrys with large amount do this to save lives+ animals from snake bites .!!

I think the anti-venom has a limited shelf life and I believe it has to be kept cold, so I don't think it's that practical,

Sorry for your loss mate

coyotehunter you are spot on mate

with the extreme temps and distances we travel over here and obviously the cost ,its hard to keep the anti-venom ,wish i had it though as he was a ripper ,i still have his sister (milly) who is doing me proud atm so i will push through

what i am gonna do is invest in some vitamin c tho ,as this proves to be more favourable for hound hunters

you never stop learning ,just when you think your close to cracking it ,theres alway something else

thanks for all you kind words guys

AS

really sorry for your loss mate. i've been to oz mate and fair play to you thats some rugged terrain you work. hats off

Your not wrong there mate and if I was smart enough I'd share some pics with you guys , just I'm a dumb ex pom who has no idea about all this computer lark

really sorry for your loss mate. i've been to oz mate and fair play to you thats some rugged terrain you work. hats off

Your not wrong there mate and if I was smart enough I'd share some pics with you guys , just I'm a dumb ex pom who has no idea about all this computer lark

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: me too mate. been on here for for a while and can't get up some pics

• Like 1