Rabbit sizes.

Right aside of todays disasters, it gave me the chance to get a few rabbits of todays bag on the scales before gutting.

I had my suspicions of late whilst buckling under the weight that we had been hitting some biggies, and the jills probably agree, The last couple of weeks i've had to step it up and use my smaller hobs in the place of the jills to get things moving, a little more muscle has helped, but feel today that even these little hobs are finding the job a challenge.

Tonight I can understand why, heres a few photos, they are genuine, and not bullshit.

007-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

009-2.jpg

013-1.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

017.jpg

Wheres me kidneys gone?

• Like 1

its the size of the head that amazes me on the big ones, some of them hardly have a neck to pull on, tek some killing.

i chin them uns :icon_redface: my ole wrists aintwhat they used to be :laugh:

wi my muscles, on the big ones its either chin then 6 times or struggle stretching the neck, cant win em all :laugh::icon_redface:

its the size of the head that amazes me on the big ones, some of them hardly have a neck to pull on, tek some killing.

i chin them uns :icon_redface: my ole wrists aintwhat they used to be :laugh:

wi my muscles, on the big ones its either chin then 6 times or struggle stretching the neck, cant win em all :laugh::icon_redface:

you need a gun pal :laugh:

Them dales bunnys have always been big boys and girls,, and the odd thing is,, the higher you get up there the bigger they get,,, where as sometimes in the more lush fertile valley bottoms there often smaller,,, wich I have never got my head round.

About 3 week ago I went down Suffolk lamping ,,, had 18 and what poor rabbits they were,,,

Them dales bunnys have always been big boys and girls,, and the odd thing is,, the higher you get up there the bigger they get,,, where as sometimes in the more lush fertile valley bottoms there often smaller,,, wich I have never got my head round.

About 3 week ago I went down Suffolk lamping ,,, had 18 and what poor rabbits they were,,,

same kind of ground i hunt and there big bunnies as well :thumbs: