Working Bedlingtons 2005

my akela is only 19month, but he was in contact with fox more than 20 times, he work and he work hard, unfortenately i dont have any pics but but i m goin hunting this weekend so we will see. we have also those special places where we train our dogs, but no one is allowed to make some pics because of greenpeace and such organizations, slovakia is only country which is allowed to make some competitions in fox hunting.

probably Akela is not what y are lookin for but i wanna just let y know

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

my akela is only 19month, but he was in contact with fox more than 20 times, he work and he work hard, unfortenately i dont have any pics but but i m goin hunting this weekend so we will see. we have also those special places where we train our dogs, but no one is allowed to make some pics because of greenpeace and such organizations, slovakia is only country which is allowed to make some competitions in fox hunting.

WTF are you on about ?? :search: :search:

I asked has anyone got a Bedlington DOG that is worked regular to ground and does the job....

"HAS ANYONE GOT A 100% DIGGING DOG..... THAT HAS DONE A COUPLE OF SEASONS AND WORKS HARD.... ONE THAT YOU CAN GUARANTEE...???"

WTF are you on about ?? :search: :search:

I asked has anyone got a Bedlington DOG that is worked regular to ground and does the job....

"HAS ANYONE GOT A 100% DIGGING DOG..... THAT HAS DONE A COUPLE OF SEASONS AND WORKS HARD.... ONE THAT YOU CAN GUARANTEE...???"

thanks man i just wanna let y know that i ve a dog which work and work hard i ve licence that he work, he past those tests where were several judges. few years ago in most of european countries this licence was and still is the mark of quality. so thereis nothing to say i can make hundred pics and write lot of stories but y can never be sure, this licence is something more, several international judges sign this licence and they guarantee y that the dog will work.

Sounds like he might have himself a Beddie Swanseajack

Sounds like he's fullashit... :haha:

Perhaps you would like to start a new topic and explain what the 14 disciplines are ????

"Akela JA-St Czech 1price CACT

we were on two days test in mountain side of Slovakia, dogs were showing their skills in 14 disciplins, 6 refrees, to days of hunting wild pigs, the toughest tests for terriers, we ended on third place behind patt and smooth fox, but lot of people think that Akela should won but the dog with ovine appearance couldn´t. there were breeds like welsh terrier, wire fox, patt, Slovakian kopov, borders.... and all behind bedlington. refrees said that he is one of the toughest dog they ever seen. two of them have jagterriers. i bring some pics in few days. "

Sounds like he might have himself a Beddie Swanseajack

Sounds like he's fullashit... :haha:

Perhaps you would like to start a new topic and explain what the 14 disciplines are ????

"Akela JA-St Czech 1price CACT

we were on two days test in mountain side of Slovakia, dogs were showing their skills in 14 disciplins, 6 refrees, to days of hunting wild pigs, the toughest tests for terriers, we ended on third place behind patt and smooth fox, but lot of people think that Akela should won but the dog with ovine appearance couldn´t. there were breeds like welsh terrier, wire fox, patt, Slovakian kopov, borders.... and all behind bedlington. refrees said that he is one of the toughest dog they ever seen. two of them have jagterriers. i bring some pics in few days. "

ok those were test for suitability dog for pig hunting.

1 dog have to walk silently near to his owner

2 orientation

3 seeking pigs in forest

4 stay on one place silently and wait until dog master will come- during this time someone shot from a gun a dogs have to stay calmly on one place

5 dog have to stay calmly on one place when couple of guys walkin in the forest and make some noise like they are hunting

6 dog have to seek a trail , during this a refree make a shot dog have to stay calm and continuing seeking until his master call him, then the dog have to come with out any obstructions

7 dog have to follow the trail which is 500m long and he have to find a dead pig at the end, he have to start barkin

8 when the dog during seekin pig in a forest find a fresh trail he have to start barkin and following the trail

9 when the dog find some pigs, have to start barking and attackind pigs an try to push them toward to hunters

10 dog have to stay with pigs whole time until master call him

11 dog must not show any fear

12 dog is put alone to a special area with pigs 100x100m he have to find them and attack them, and stay with them until his master call him

13 he have to prove he can move pigs from one place

14 dog have stay with pigs in contact until his master call him

for each of these 14 disciplin there is a scale of numbers from 0 to 4 , č is the best, if the dog get 0 in any discipline he is fired out, there are 3 awards 1c, 2c, 3c 1C ist the best the dog must not have a worse mark like 4 in some disciplines y can get a mark 3 and the best Dog can receive CACT, and CACIT which are similar to CAC or CACIB

we have here many test

one is on fox under groung, the dog have one minute to enter pipes and get in contact with fox and have 9 more minutes to drive out the fox or grab her. in these tests there are two rounds. the dog which get 1C grab the fox on neck or drive her out, pipes are 25m long and goin up and down, the winning dogs have time around 12s until they get on fox neck or 25s to drive the fox out

in the old time in the second round we use the badger except fox

Right then, now Matulkunt has fecked off on his new topic... this question is for the UK only.... :p

Here's a question for all you bedlington boys....

HAS ANYONE GOT A 100% DIGGING DOG..... THAT HAS DONE A COUPLE OF SEASONS AND WORKS HARD.... ONE THAT YOU CAN GUARANTEE...???

I'm asking as I'am looking for a good dog in the new year to maybe breed with Milly's dam...

PM me if you want, but if you've got one let us all know... put up some pics and tell us about him...  I'd prefer Rillington lines, but will contemplate others AS LONG AS IT WORKS !!!!

and have you bred it [bANNED TEXT], what the pups turn out like... workers ????

swansea jack have a look on smoochers at a dog called max hardest bedlington I have seen no reverse gear grandson of newcombs blue ? just had pup out of him .

Cheers Taz...

I'm not registered on there, best I go have a look.......

Feck me I'll never get any work done.... been avoiding going on smoochers... :haha:

Had a knock on my door first thing this morning.. my mate had lost his Bedlington in a big earth yesterday afternoon, he'd been out local and the terrier had gone to ground in an old ash tip....

We'd had a few out of this set over the years and I know he had previously bolted ole foxy out of there twice in the last couple of weeks...

Anyway the bitch flew to ground yesterday and after the intial baying, screaming (that what some beds do) he had lost track of her... No collar, no tools, feck all...

He was there til dark, and back with lamp and torch late last night but to no avail...

So we Took Milly, tools, locator....

Now this is a huge earth, spread over about 40 square foot, with old earth joining new ones etc, 8 holes that were open but lots more that have been filled in with trash and leaves.....

Tested locator then tried Milly in first hole, in she goes... appears at another further up bank.. let her do the looking.. she tried all the holes, went in most and through the set to no avail.... all did not look good... :( and to top it off the heavens opened and pissed down for Wales...

We listened at all the entrances, poked around to no avail... then Milly kept going back to one hole, entering and then appearing out of another about 10' away... looking keen but unsure as to what to do next... So I egged her on a bit, not something I'd normally do, but needs must... in she went.... then I thought I could here some faint baying.... quick check all over the earth and I picked her up at 3' deep again about 10' in the wrong direction to the other holes... barred through to tube had a listen I could here some grunting.... so not wanting to waste anymore time we dug the 3' to Milly who was tuggin on my mates bitches arse, trying to get passed.... I know it's not perfect scenario but how else do you find a stuck dog...

Pulled Milly out, then cleared around his bitch who was stuck fast.. all the ash and glass had caved in around her, luckily she was O'k.... tried Milly in the hole she went in body length and pulled out the very stiff 'n dead fox... the Bedlington bitch had killed in a very tight tube and got herself stuck for her troubles... :good::good: My mate was chuffed, I was chuffed for him as losing any dog for any amount of time is a fecking nightmare....

only 2 pics lads sorry, as it was pissing down and I was covered in wet mud and fecking freezing...

Good end to what could have been a bad loss....

Milly entering

Breaking through..

swansea jack had it happen to me last newyears day ? . walking terriers up fields outside my house when little bich went to ground in a rabbit hole followed by my old dog joker 12 years old at the time.thinking they were rabiting sat and waited without hearing a thing. blowing a gale and raining solid . tried all day and into night but not a sound in the end some good friends came with a terrier and locator which marked from the top and dug them out 24 hours later with very lively dog fox.