Working Bedlingtons 2005

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

picture of my old dog......lot of floyd eakring breeding.......lost him last year.

spoof..how tall was the dog i have a bitch that looks just like that , i don't know her breeding tho

ourpictures537.jpgnot him as my brother got him as a pet from me when he was 8wks

update on the diddy dogs (Bedlington cross hounds)... they've been working well, holding good line and giving tongue like they should.. last weekend saw them having one on top, I though it about time they saw the sharp end and see what they made of it so helped them out, wasn't a clean shot and couldn't get another one into it before they caught up... the dog hound was ragging the carcass whilst the bitch hound was running around making as much noise as her lungs would allow, then something must have clicked in her head, red mist and bang she was in at the sharp end and not letting go for love nor money... Whoop Whoop... Coco the bedlington pup still hadn't clicked and thought it better to latch on to the dog hound's arse... :ranting2: full on riot then ensued between me and Coco.. I think I swore a bit... :doh:

Anyway that was their first proper introduction into what they've been hunting.. perhaps concentrate their efforts onto the red fellas instead of treeing cats...

went out today, just took Tag, and the two diddies.......... :D

Well they picked at a line in a pine forest, then started opening up, with me and Tag in hot pursuit, fecking hard work when you're on your own and not knowing where they are going.. after about ten minutes they were speaking in a big bramble bush, having worked this spot before I knew there was an earth in here, surely it couldn't have gone in.... tried the first couple of easy ones I could get too but nothing, then realised they were more interested in the ones deeper in the cover, yapping around the top of them but no proper mark...

dropped Tag in the cleaner of the two holes and away he went.. it wasn't deep so I knew if he started speeaking they would hear him... ten minutes went past ... nothing.. got down on me hands and knees had a listen couldn't exactly hear much, I knew that there were only two holes so I waited a bit longer before getting the knocker box out, I could hear something up to my right in the brambles, the kind of something you don't want to hear if you aint got it covered, then Ben the dog hound was away into the bush and giving it what for... the fecker had bolted out of a third hole about 15ft in, you know the one that you always miss... waaaaaaaaargh!!! and away they went, couldn't go after them, not with a dog to ground, so made my way in to where it had bolted and after a bit out popped Tag....

Got the hounds back after a search, they hadn't marked to ground again, lost him I guess.. Good sport good hunting, if only I had ..... you can write the rest.. :D

036-14.jpg

028-9.jpg

027-19.jpg

026-14.jpg

update on the diddy dogs (Bedlington cross hounds)... they've been working well, holding good line and giving tongue like they should.. last weekend saw them having one on top, I though it about time they saw the sharp end and see what they made of it so helped them out, wasn't a clean shot and couldn't get another one into it before they caught up... the dog hound was ragging the carcass whilst the bitch hound was running around making as much noise as her lungs would allow, then something must have clicked in her head, red mist and bang she was in at the sharp end and not letting go for love nor money... Whoop Whoop... Coco the bedlington pup still hadn't clicked and thought it better to latch on to the dog hound's arse... :ranting2: full on riot then ensued between me and Coco.. I think I swore a bit... :doh:

Anyway that was their first proper introduction into what they've been hunting.. perhaps concentrate their efforts onto the red fellas instead of treeing cats...

went out today, just took Tag, and the two diddies.......... :D

Well they picked at a line in a pine forest, then started opening up, with me and Tag in hot pursuit, fecking hard work when you're on your own and not knowing where they are going.. after about ten minutes they were speaking in a big bramble bush, having worked this spot before I knew there was an earth in here, surely it couldn't have gone in.... tried the first couple of easy ones I could get too but nothing, then realised they were more interested in the ones deeper in the cover, yapping around the top of them but no proper mark...

dropped Tag in the cleaner of the two holes and away he went.. it wasn't deep so I knew if he started speeaking they would hear him... ten minutes went past ... nothing.. got down on me hands and knees had a listen couldn't exactly hear much, I knew that there were only two holes so I waited a bit longer before getting the knocker box out, I could hear something up to my right in the brambles, the kind of something you don't want to hear if you aint got it covered, then Ben the dog hound was away into the bush and giving it what for... the fecker had bolted out of a third hole about 15ft in, you know the one that you always miss... waaaaaaaaargh!!! and away they went, couldn't go after them, not with a dog to ground, so made my way in to where it had bolted and after a bit out popped Tag....

Got the hounds back after a search, they hadn't marked to ground again, lost him I guess.. Good sport good hunting, if only I had ..... you can write the rest.. :D

036-14.jpg

028-9.jpg

027-19.jpg

026-14.jpg

that dog is the size of my old bitch which was rambos grandaughter and she graffted realy well but i lost her one day in a wood flushing bambi out for the lurchers and she was realy keen to ground.me dog was out of rambos litter brother which bred that liver dog on the picture

after two weeks i ve been once again in austria to work my dog, checked several earth. when we hit this spot nobody expected badgers. huge set the dog was workin badger for 5 hours approx. dig 4 graves 2 where more than 3m deep. when i hit the dog, he was holding a bagder. then my friend wanna try his young patt bitch just to go throu,she was punished by another badger. i decided to try my dog s dauther, she fought and bay for more than hour, until we reach her and dispatched second badger.

DSC00514.jpg

DSC00513.jpg

i ll put here more action photo after i resize it, these were taken by handy

picture of my old dog......lot of floyd eakring breeding.......lost him last year.

Any more pics of him, how old was he in the pic, what was his work style like ??

think the dog was about six year at the time of picture ....hard work trying to get him started,in fact allmost put me off bedlingtons. no strike but would chase rabbit hare and fox.....wouldnt go to ground......you starting to get the picture.....either my bad training,or he just didnt have the instinct.....in the end he showed himself marking rabbits for ferrets.....he never got bred from,not my idea of working terrier.

after two weeks i ve been once again in austria to work my dog, checked several earth. when we hit this spot nobody expected badgers. huge set the dog was workin badger for 5 hours approx. dig 4 graves 2 where more than 3m deep. when i hit the dog, he was holding a bagder. then my friend wanna try his young patt bitch just to go throu,she was punished by another badger. i decided to try my dog s dauther, she fought and bay for more than hour, until we reach her and dispatched second badger.

DSC00514.jpg

DSC00513.jpg

i ll put here more action photo after i resize it, these were taken by handy

Very good Mat,

Your Bedlingtons seem to shed the muck and slime of being underground far better than mine. :icon_redface:

I kept Beddilingtons for a number of years in the late 70'sand found them to be excellent dogs, however I was given the opportunity three years ago to go out with a group of lads in the northwest of england who worked them. they had changed considerably over that time . still very game but smaller , slimmer and softer coated. the dogs i had were a more robust. I suppose fashion has changed them a little. I took one a small brown bitch 2 years old who worked well, went to ground at the drop of a hat. I lost her while working, drowned and cold.(i replaced her through this site ..thanks Greengrass and others) I work Pats now

Edited by dom mac