Working Bedlingtons 2005

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

Funny you should say that Daveo, I was looking through some old cw issues the other day and saw an advert for Bedlington pups sired by a dog called "Claude" .. the ad had a St Helens code on it.

Interesting! anyone know a bedlington called claude?

thanks for that mate. :thumbs:

I think i know this bloke with the beddys, i'll dig a photo out and try and get it on, possibly of claude, which was the father to my dog. This guy bred beddys from a line kept through his family, he used to give a print out of the pedigree with the dogs and also bred beddy x lagunas.

I can remember where he lives but cant remember his name, last i heard his back went and was jacking in dogging.

I will try and track him down !

Funny you should say that Daveo, I was looking through some old cw issues the other day and saw an advert for Bedlington pups sired by a dog called "Claude" .. the ad had a St Helens code on it.

Interesting! anyone know a bedlington called claude?

thanks for that mate. :thumbs:

• Like 1
Here's a couple of photos of my bedlington, she is 6 months, just over 15" and is hunting up rabbits in a not overly serious manner but good for her age. She is 3/4 rillington lines and 1/4 gutchcommon.

Now that's a nice type.. looks strong for a bitch,, at 6 months she's got plenty of time to learn her trade, plenty of time..

:clapper: Who bred her, pm me if you like..

Thanks SJ, yes i was thinking she is a strong looking bitch but i had no way to compare other than photos because i have never been up close to another working type bedlington, other than her litter sister at 8 weeks.

She was bred by a pest controller in north yorkshire, the sire was owned by a pest controller too and they both knew George Newcombe for many years.

I have a pretty detailed working pedigree, especially on the sires side.

Both parents are proven to work to ground, and not to mention the dogs behind them........I'm amazed you've got any left!

Printer

Bedlington owners, fickle bunch.. they want tall Fluffy Fifi types, and pay between 350-500 pound for an infamous name or a bit of paper.. 200 quid pays for a better gamble on the outcome of a working dog, if they're serious about work.. this will do the rabbiting, ratting, mink hunting, maybe even track a wounded deer :whistling: or hopefully will go ground and work fox, they were bred to do it...

sj if they had been bitches id have come and got the lot but ive to many dogs here now the baststewards were fighting this morning because my stupid missus let them all out together then stood there squealing like a stuck pig, why do women never listen they always think they know best, well she didnt this morning as she ended up getting biten serves her right!!

SJ Glad to hear your using the breed as they are ment to be an all rounder did'nt know you used them for deer

D

:clapper: Who said I did, earth work is what I use them for, nothing else, as they were meant to be.. TERRIER !!!

as for deer I have never actually hunted, shot or owt else.... :D (porkies there: I have been out with The Devon & Somerset on occasion)