Working Bedlingtons 2005

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

Guest dennisalan

hi i've been reading this thread for abit now and have been uming and ahing over when to get a beddy,this has been really helpful but just wondered where you would advise getting good working pup from, i dont care bout travelling as long as its the right bitch,only seen these scrawny show types about! please help

here is a couple of piks of my girls,i will try and find the blood stained ones!!!

little prob.....how the hell do you get the piks on :angry:

I see you sussed it mate :good:

What lines are they... can I ask what work in general do you do with them ? :good:

Oh and welcome to the site...

Guest SPUD 1
Milly after a successful morning's game bird preservation...

She's turning out to be quite a useful bitch... working right up to her quarry and alway's trying to draw them out....

Good looking dog there mate :good:

hi i've been reading this thread for abit now and have been uming and ahing over when to get a beddy,this has been really helpful but just wondered where you would advise getting good working pup from, i dont care bout travelling as long as its the right bitch,only seen these scrawny show types about! please help

What work would you be doing with it, rabbiting, foxing or maybe an all rounder ....

new20051802.jpg

new20051791.jpg

pics of Milly from yesterday after successfully accounting for a dog fox that had been troubling lambs (for lambs read gamebirds)

Hi All

Been reading this post and well interested I bought my bedlington pup last year and hoping to bring her on soon

Trouble is shes my 6 yr old Daughters baby so I may have to keep this one soft and get another.

:(http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e349/pidge100/rrrrrrr.jpg

She is off working stock a bloke called Nicky from Halifax

Shes not the puny show type

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e349/pidge100/DSCF1289.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e349/pid...lyat10weeks.jpg

Guest nitevision

i would also be grateful 4 some advice on where to get a bedlington pup from decent working lines,the job in mind would be game bird preservation.cheers.

i would also be grateful 4 some advice on where to get a bedlington pup from decent working lines,the job in mind would be game bird preservation.cheers.

PIC00000000147-0007_zoom.JPG

I've bred Milly's dam back to my old dog Yogi as an experiment, the pups we had out of Yogi have all worked and worked hard..

Milly was only one in litter, she was out of a dog called Murphy who is out of Yogi's dam Tango...

there may be one or two left over as my mates are taken some on... if anyone interested let me know and I'll keep you in mind, no promises as yet... cant count chickens [bANNED TEXT] they hatch... :D

two photo's of some of my dogs first one is stone she's now 10 but in her day a realy good dog she still comes out with us at times

DSCF0014.jpg

The second is stone's daughter Quern she's now 7 and doing fine

DSCF0015.jpg

will try to get some photo's of the other dogs and post them

Hybred

allo swansea and everyone else,my bitch's are granitor lines,got them from a lad in ludworth durham,dont work them as sutch just take them out in the jeep and find somewer that looks promisin,mainly were im not suposed to be :D .i just go after anything that moves ,the girls are happy anyway :good:

just got a new dog couple of weeks ago,rescue from wales,had to drive 660 miles from sunderland to wales but he is a show dog xlant pedigree tho Rathsrigg Skewhill Foggufurze Marjukes,so you wont see him on here (a bit girly) but he is still a beddie :good:

two photo's of some of my dogs first one is stone she's now 10 but in her day a realy good dog she still comes out with us at times

DSCF0014.jpg

The second is stone's daughter Quern she's now 7 and doing fine

DSCF0015.jpg

will try to get some photo's of the other dogs and post them

Hybred

Handy looking types Hybred... :good: Cheers..

Get some more up lads...

Guest nitevision

why is there not many working bedlingtons about these days,is it the same as with lurchers,when i first got into runnin dogs saluki xs were the in thing,these days it seems to be the bullx,a [bANNED TEXT] was sayin to me the other day that most bedys are to big 4 earth work,then told me about a [bANNED TEXT] of his who had a bed that worked well,held out for a while to get a bitch from some workin lines that when he did get it,it was useless,i know that can happen [bANNED TEXT] any breed,i was just a bit suprised at what he had to say.