Working Bedlingtons 2005

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

My pups coming along well, quite a strong character but not a difficult pup.

I get the feeling she is quite bright for a terrier, her only fault so far is i wish she had a bit more respect for my lurcher considering she is only ten weeks old.

I guess at least it shows she has plenty of fire.

Shepp

post-2672-1217681139_thumb.jpg

Thats yer own dog Tag...right ? did i not read on here before or somewhere else that you were not that convinced with him ? i might be wrong about all the above mind :icon_redface:

You're right, I have said I wasn't 100% convinced by him, he hadn't done anything wrong, bit on the lazy/slow side. He Killed a bitch pup I had, got some tempermental issues which seem to be getting better as he gets older, but to date he hasn't failed ie he does his job and does it well, works exactly like Milly, up and at em and mixing it... similar breeding, dam same, Yogi's his sire...I don't think I'd have any issues or worries about size as they're pretty much level....

I know he's still a young dog but my options are limited as you know, do I wait another season, I seen enough from him to have confidence in him, whether he jibs later on in his career I'm prepared to take a chance on that...

Any dog has the possibility of walking off the job at any point in their career, good breeding can minimise that possibility, but obviously certain circumstances mean that it can never be ruled out.

I would personally use Tag on Milly - what is there to lose?

Its not as if you are spoiled for choice at the moment. Bedlington dogs of that size and potential ability are thin on the ground at the moment, and you have one right under your nose.

Guest nitevision

id go with tag mate,good luck.i will get some pics of skinner up tomoro,so as you can have a look at him lol,hoping he gets some stuff under his belt this coming season,all the best. ;)

SJ I'v not long got pup from Topper mabey the sire that he used would be the solution, but your right nowt wrong with Tag for it

Alan

Get some pics up fella, would be good to see it, Topper what's it out of, any pics..

Shepp pups looking good, what size do you think it will make...??

Have to agree with what others have said on here regarding ye using tag,as you were saying you know the dog,its breeding and how it works and any faults he has which by all acounts are minor considering your options on the table,i also have to say after looking at your latest pics of him on here he does look a good stamp of a dog and working away well too....i can understand you keeping your options open to see if theres as good as or better about but considering the lack of the type your after and i agree too even with his young years he has to be worth taking a chance with.

Im hoping to see that fella tomorrow :thumbs:

Edited by gaz

Thanks for your opinions lads, will let you know what happens over the next couple of days....

Here's a task for anyone that wants to take it up, Maybe Topper could organise it... :tongue2:

The Heart of Wales show is next weekend, apparently it's the show that is actively promoting 'Working Bedlingtons' so hopefully there will be a good turnout of typey working stock there.. I can't make it, although I would really like to be there to see what's on offer...

Anyone got a good camera, anyone handy enough to make a board with lines in inches on it in grid form... marking it at the 14" to 19"

What I'm saying is, get the bedlington to stand in front of the board and take a level picture of the dog, so we can see how tall they are... it would be interesting even get the ones that's not in the ring to have their pics taken... :big_boss:

What you reckon lads ???

dre1008l.jpg

Summit like this ????

SJ, don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'm wondering what method you use to get your dogs' coats down? Looks proper neat.

It's about time that the pup I got from Printer (6 months now) had a trim as he's starting to look like a teddy bear.

Cheers.

PESCA

SJ I'v not long got pup from Topper mabey the sire that he used would be the solution, but your right nowt wrong with Tag for it

Alan

Get some pics up fella, would be good to see it, Topper what's it out of, any pics..

Shepp pups looking good, what size do you think it will make...??

Her dam was 14 1/2" and sire 14", she was the middle size one in a litter of three bitches.

To be honest she's not that small so i'm keeping my fingers crossed that she stays under 16".

SJ, don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'm wondering what method you use to get your dogs' coats down? Looks proper neat.

It's about time that the pup I got from Printer (6 months now) had a trim as he's starting to look like a teddy bear.

Cheers.

PESCA

:icon_eek: You're not hijacking the thread mate, it's here to discuss Bedlingtons, I wish more people would post on here and get more pics up...

in response to your question, the pup I have, I have already hand stripped him to get the coat neat, I took all the long hair of him by hand a while back now, during the summer I just cut them back with a pair of scissors nothing fancy just trim it short (try not to nick them-they dont like it :icon_eek: ) during the winter give them plenty of work, getting in tight in earths normally releases any loose flimsy hairs. bushing in tight brambles works too...

keep stripping him by hand, this way your handling him, checking him out etc.. he get's used to it, makes it easy for you the next time you do it..

ps someone's wife once called me cruel for hand stripping my bedlingtons, believe me if you do it properly without tearing out lumps at a time they do enjoy it,,, Yogi used to stand beneath me when i sat on the gaden bench, falling asleep when i was stripping him..

How is the pup ??? Pics...

Twotone, the pups looking good fella...love the big lugs on him..

The height chart I was on about earlier, knocked one up this afternoon... never work with animals they say... :whistling: couldn't get Tag to stand up without holding him, the fecking thing fell over and spooked him .... Milly just shrugged her shoulders and was a bit disinterested to say the least...

034-8.jpg

064-6.jpg

023-10.jpg

bit small aren't they :icon_redface:

Thanks for that SJ.

Used to hand strip my lakies, but wasn't sure how easy a Beddy would be to do, with them ahving a non-moulting coat.

Pup's coming on a treat. Used to lakie temperament, so very surprised with the pup. Biddable, friendly very quick and keen to learn. Great nose too.

Have you spoke to Printer lately? Wondering if he decided to keep both dog and bitch long term? I think that you were interested at one point?

PESCA

Thanks for that SJ.

Used to hand strip my lakies, but wasn't sure how easy a Beddy would be to do, with them ahving a non-moulting coat.

Pup's coming on a treat. Used to lakie temperament, so very surprised with the pup. Biddable, friendly very quick and keen to learn. Great nose too.

Have you spoke to Printer lately? Wondering if he decided to keep both dog and bitch long term? I think that you were interested at one point?

PESCA

They enjoy it... let's have a before and after shot then .... I can't do the Lakie temperament too gassy for my liking, glad your pup is doing well..

Printer's been a bit quiet of late, methinks he's decided to keep them both, maybe he'll get some pics up of the pups..