Working Bedlingtons 2005

I have always liked the look of those Plashett Bedlingtons, nice size, decent dark coats, wether they could do a proper job though ?

You hear of "working" Granitors here and there, but I've still never come accross one that works - I mean properly works.

your right about the coats very dark .ive only seen granitor bedlingtons work

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

I have always liked the look of those Plashett Bedlingtons, nice size, decent dark coats, wether they could do a proper job though ?

You hear of "working" Granitors here and there, but I've still never come accross one that works - I mean properly works.

Ever seen a Granitor work a fox Shogan? - It's not a trick question, I'm genuinely interested.

I must have looked at half a dozen Granitor litters in the past couple of years, all advertised as "working parents" to say I was disapointed every time.

Did Holden actually ever work his stuff (chasing rabbits doesn't count I'm afraid) I'm starting to wonder if the Granitor thing is one big urban myth.

Ever seen a Granitor work a fox Shogan? - It's not a trick question, I'm genuinely interested.

I must have looked at half a dozen Granitor litters in the past couple of years, all advertised as "working parents" to say I was disapointed every time.

Did Holden actually ever work his stuff (chasing rabbits doesn't count I'm afraid) I'm starting to wonder if the Granitor thing is one big urban myth.

my granitor works fox .like i said the only other beddies i see are big .or in a show ring

my granitor works fox .like i said the only other beddies i see are big .or in a show ring

Single handed, in fox earths ????

I am genuinely interested in your dogs fella, get some pics up...

Single handed, in fox earths ????

I am genuinely interested in your dogs fella, get some pics up...

hi sj i will sort some pics out of dog [bANNED TEXT] i get used of it .there r soom pics on my mates gallery ratcacherrick

Guest oldskool

if i was on the prowl for a beddlington pup for earth work is rillington a safe enough bet then??? its probably been covered already but 80 pages is alot to get through lol... cracking thread

if i was on the prowl for a beddlington pup for earth work is rillington a safe enough bet then??? its probably been covered already but 80 pages is alot to get through lol... cracking thread

Rillington would be a safe enough bet, but have a look at how much Rillington is 'actually' in the breeding of the dog, there's not that many out there with a good proportion of Rillington in them, I know Printer's dog have mostly Rillington in them.. when I see adverts for Bedlingtons, advertised as Gutchcommon/Rillington I often wonder how much is in there... :icon_eek:

Pup looking well ! Dont see many blue and tans, murphy threw one in the litter i had my dog out of, my dog has thrown one in a recent litter with a liver and tan rillington bitch. A bitch pup which i will keep .

Cheers Alun, single pups, not good for the breed... any pics of the pup..

Here's some pics of Yogi taken today...wish I was a messer, I would have bred loads like him if I had half the mind to, this to me is what 'I think' a beddy should look like, he's a bit old and saggy, getting on a bit... but nevertheless a good type!!!

052-2.jpg

054-2.jpg

055-3.jpg

Hi SJ, no pics yet , only 1 week old ,will post asap. Would like to have seen him work ! Heard a bit of coco ,he is still looking in fine fettle !Nice to line the 1/2 cross of cocos. If i was a messer i would breed pugs! Loads of money and less grief ! But beddy types has been in my blood since my first dog at 14yrs of age .

Hi SJ, no pics yet , only 1 week old ,will post asap. Would like to have seen him work ! Heard a bit of coco ,he is still looking in fine fettle !Nice to line the 1/2 cross of cocos. If i was a messer i would breed pugs! Loads of money and less grief ! But beddy types has been in my blood since my first dog at 14yrs of age .

I tried to use him over Milly last time she was in season, but to no avail... I think (know) he's past it...

Tag is out of him, and there's one brother to Tag over in N Ireland, haven't heard and lost contact with the owner so don't know how he's doing..

you're right about the pugs though, making silly money, even cross with russells and what ever...