Working Bedlingtons 2005

Are the first two dog's on the first page purebreed bedlingtons or do they have a little bit of some thing else in them?

All my dogs have part Lakeland in them, Yogi is bred out of Tango/Rusty both were 3/4 Bed 1/4 Lakeland, same breeding diff litter Bron/Cochyn

Jack is out of Yogi and a bitch from Halifax again same lines.

1-picture2.gif.

Bitch on left has border/lakeland in her make up bred in Halifax. Bitch on right is full sister to Tango (3/4 Bed 1/4 Lakeland). These are pics taken mid 90's.

Hi Im new to this site but I have a Bedlington Bitch I bought from Halifax Sometimes when i look at her She seems to have a little of something else in her could anyone put me straight or does she look right to you

im trying to post pics but havent got a clue

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

Hello,

Just found this site yesterday as I was 'surfing the net'. Some photo's where posted back on page 26 and Swanseajack asked who's dogs they were. Most of them are mine. Top photo is of Briar at around 1 yr old, mostly Granitor bred. Photo of 4 dogs - Lily is the liver bitch(Gutchcommon(mother of Briar)), Spike next to her as back. Pepper(Lily to Spike) is on the left on the front(would not work to ground so went to ratting/rabbiting home) and Brair next to her. Next photo down is Lily going to ground and Pepper watching. The photo of a single liver dog or bitch I believe is one of Francis Fullers. The photo title Woodhorn is Briar again and the last photo is of Spike my first bedlington who is now long dead. Nice to see that Hybred, Printer and Taz are still adding their voice to the bedlington discussion and it was good to speak to you today Taz.

Hunterscliff

Hello,

Just found this site yesterday as I was 'surfing the net'.  Some photo's where posted back on page 26 and Swanseajack asked who's dogs they were.  Most of them are mine.  Top photo is of Briar at around 1 yr old, mostly Granitor bred.  Photo of 4 dogs - Lily is the liver bitch(Gutchcommon(mother of Briar)), Spike next to her as back.  Pepper(Lily to Spike) is on the left on the front(would not work to ground so went to ratting/rabbiting home) and Brair next to her.  Next photo down is Lily going to ground and Pepper watching.  The photo of a single liver dog or bitch I believe is one of Francis Fullers.  The photo title Woodhorn is Briar again and the last photo is of Spike my first bedlington who is now long dead.  Nice to see that Hybred, Printer and Taz are still adding their voice to the bedlington discussion and it was good to speak to you today Taz. 

Hunterscliff

Welcome to the site....

Post us some pics, as it's gone a bit quiet here mate...

I had high hopes for my liver dog Jack. Have been keeping you lads out there informed of his progress.. You might have noticed I haven't been writing much in this post as of lately...

Truth be known, now I've finally admitted to myself... he's failed......

Although he was an excellent worker, finding bushing, flying to ground etc etc he kept letting me down, out with the other dogs, he was never the one in the ground, to myself I was always making excuses for him... still young and green, not as fast as the bitch, not quite matured.... :cry:

Well over the last 6 weeks or so he has shown his true colours, I couldn't keep making excuses for him as I was out with others... he's been given plenty of chances, failing at most... walking of on two occasions... then this week he checked an earth nothing at home :( so I tried a different dog... and the earth was occupied....

1/2 hour later, jack enters another earth.... I listen to him digging on and whining... then he shows... I let him have another go 10 mins later he shows again.... put the other dog in, on straight away....

Sad day, but I can't do it anymore.... I can make all the excuses under the sun but the truth is he couldn't cut the mustard... he's now found a new home....

Well, that is a VERY good, truthfull post...yet, still a very sad one...good stamp of dog buy the look of it!...if only looks could kill eh!?..

It happens in all types/breeds though, and at least your still improving a breed that has sadly diminished...i would still have a good, hard, working Beddie...maybe when i get to MO i will have to look into it in more depth?..

All the best for your future hunting, and breeding SJ!..

Kye,..

I had high hopes for my liver dog Jack. Have been keeping you lads out there informed of his progress.. You might have noticed I haven't been writing much in this post as of lately...

Although he was an excellent worker, finding bushing, flying to ground etc etc he kept letting me down, out with the other dogs, he was never the one in the ground, to myself I was always making excuses for him... still young and green, not as fast as the bitch, not quite matured.... :cry:

Well over the last 6 weeks or so he has shown his true colours, I couldn't keep making excuses for him as I was out with others... he's been given plenty of chances, failing at most... walking of on two occasions... then this week he checked an earth nothing at home :( so I tried a different dog... and the earth was occupied....

1/2 hour later, jack enters another earth.... I listen to him digging on and whining... then he shows... I let him have another go 10 mins later he shows again.... put the other dog in, on straight away....

Sad day, but I can't do it anymore.... I can make all the excuses under the sun but the truth is he couldn't cut the mustard... he's now found a new home....

WHAT WAS THE OTHER DOG JACK

VANSTUBS Dog is doing it [bANNED TEXT] no f**king about this dog is mustard!

Some lovely looking dogs on here :good:

I've got a 5/8th Beddie, 3/8th Lakeland - she's never worked though. :(

Swanseajack - great avatar picture. I bid on e-bay for that exact print not long ago but was outbid!

on friday i was out with my beddy to chech some holes, if any body is home, unfortunately i haven t my camera so i took pics after i came back. pics re in galery

ps sorry to hear that Swanseajack

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo...t=998&password=

Swanseajack i wanna ask y if y know any pure bedlington kennel with fci pedegree i wanna one form my akela, i m gona buy one in the summer but i will need another for my kennel, i need pure workin stock. thanksHPIM8809.jpg

Nope :no:

VANSTUBS Dog is doing it [bANNED TEXT] no f**king about this dog is mustard!

Good to hear it.... :good: any pics Vanstubs???

sorry to here that. you gave the dog a chance. :yes:

lots of chances.... :icon_eek: